What's new

Cleaning your iphone

Yup... I'm with the T shirt vote!.... when ever greasy prints are obviously visible... a quick lick of the screen and turn up your t shirt your good to go!... I treat my 4s like a baby when it comes to cleaning as I want to trade it for the next gen of iPhone when it arrives!:)

Use water and a lint free, scratch resistant cloth (microfiber preferred) to clean your iPhone screen by dampening the cloth slightly and clean the screen using soft, even strokes.

T-shirts are a good way to scratch the screen. Lens cloths are the best way to clean your phone. No water needed, just the lense cloth

Step-By-Step Guide to free up storage space and make your iPhone fast: EDITED
Ummmm...we're referring to removing dirt/dust, etc. -- NOT files/apps, etc.;)
BTW...a small scrap of chamois, used for car care, works well.....moisten slightly with distilled water.....

Last edited by a moderator:
What do you guys use to clean your iPhones? Mine has fingers prints all over it and I wanna but don't want to ruin the screen. How often do you guys clean your screens?

The way you clean your glasses, in the same way clean your mobile as well.

I have a screen protector on mine but I clean that with either a spectacle cloth or the bag my sunglasses came in.
My iPad and Mac has no screen protector on it and I clean them the same way, If needed I damp the cloths a little with water.
I dont recommend cleaning spays for your devices.

I have screen cover on my iPhone so it doesn't show finger prints that much. But I still clean the iPhone every day since my 2-year-old daughter often grabs my iPhone while she's eating fruits or anything. I use soft cloth but sometimes it doesn't work. And then, I will have to use alcohol pad

Edited: It's highly recommended you not to use alcohol pad to clean iPhone since it may damage your iPhone inner screen. Find more info here.
Terrible iPhone 5S screen damaged by alcohol Apple iPhone Forum

Last edited: