What's new

China Could be Getting iPhone 5 Late November/Early December

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
8270-iphone-5-1.JPG

According to a story in the Wall Street Journal, as reported on by MacRumors, the iPhone 5 could be launched in China via China Telecom in late November or early December. The delay is all about when the iPhone 5 will get final approval from government officials, and today, China Telecom Chairman Wang Xiaochu said that the iPhone 5 will be available in early December, or possibly even sooner. However, China Unicom Chairman Chang Xiabing also commented on the matter, saying simply, “We hope to offer it this year, but what I say doesn’t matter.” No doubt Apple, too, will be keen for the iPhone 5 to arrive in China as soon as possible, as MacRumors notes that China accounted for $5.7 billion in revenue for Apple in the last quarter along, representing 16% of Apple’s total revenue. Although the iPhone 5 has launched in many countries around the world already, Apple still intends to launch it in at least 100 further countries before the end of the year.

Source: iPhone 5 Coming to China in Late November or Early December - Mac Rumors

Does anyone, besides me, find it ironic that the country of manufacture for the iPhone doesn't get it on launch day?

Does anyone, besides me, find it ironic that the country of manufacture for the iPhone doesn't get it on launch day?

Not at all.

Contracts with carriers are very complex, requiring government approval, and the iPhone 5 is a new phone with a new contract in China...

Will this not mean that Apple copied the design of the Goophone I5 which was released before the iPhone 5

Will this not mean that Apple copied the design of the Goophone I5 which was released before the iPhone 5

The Goophone COPIED the iPhone 5 based on trade secret data that was released publicly. Apple has nothing to worry about except suing Goophone out of existence when they feel like it.