What's new

Cheaper iPhone Model Looks More and More Likely

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
8271-iphone-5-2.JPG

When you’ve been watching the Apple rumour mill long enough, you start to get a feel for when a rumour stops being just one of many unfounded stories about forthcoming Apple products, and starts being credible. It happened with the iPad mini and the fourth-gen iPad, and now it appears to be happening with a cheaper version of the iPhone. Following on from several other reports this week from the likes of Digitimes and The Wall Street Journal, Boy Genius Report today writes about a fresh take on the emerging story from Bloomberg, which says that it has heard from a sole, anonymous source that Apple is indeed readying a cheaper version of the iPhone, which it plans to launch in late 2013 (this differs from some of the other stories, which have said that the phone will be released in the summer. The source isn’t that forthcoming on details about said new phone, unfortunately, although it does say that it could retail for as little as $99 or $149.

[FONT=&quot]Source: [/FONT]Cheap iPhone release date: 2013 launch, Bloomberg says | BGR

Are we talking 99 to 149 for the device itself? Or with a contract :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 

freebirdforever said:
Don't they have cheaper iPhones already? I.E. the 4s and 4? Lol

I think that this announcement means that Apple may build these phones using less expensive materials and/or techniques to reduce costs. The 4S and 4 are just former top of the line models sold at a lower price.

at this point it looks like they are playing follow the leader. i.e. following samsung. samsung already has a GS3 mini on the market it was released back in nov i think.

If it has the same features as the original 5 than I might look into getting one

ICKY!!

iPhoneMommy
~Tech Obsessed Mom~
iPhone 5 - Black - 16GB

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner

Tapatalk Yo! :)

if its 100-150 with contract, then no thanks. mgiht as well shelve out another 50 for the better model. if its unlocked and out of contract for 100-150, then that would b a good deal.

if its 100-150 with contract, then no thanks. mgiht as well shelve out another 50 for the better model. if its unlocked and out of contract for 100-150, then that would b a good deal.
hell yes it would be a good deal if it truly is out of contract. i would get one if that was to happen. but i don't think it will happen. but i have been wrong before

hell yes it would be a good deal if it truly is out of contract. i would get one if that was to happen. but i don't think it will happen. but i have been wrong before

Looks like you were right. Rumors have been scotched.