What's new

Charging/Recognition Problem

rastaflake

Reaction score
Okay so last night at around 3am in the morning. Phone goes nuts.. .Starts vibrating and coming up with a "Charging is not supported by this device deal".. Well after dealing with this crap popping up intermittently throughout the night. I give up and leave it off the charger figuring its a software issue and ill figure it out in the morning. Next day comes and its not being recognized by the charger at all.
Steps I have taken to correct the issue are as follows:
I have tried multiple chargers, docks, cords ect. Nothing seems to jive.
Standard Reboot.
Hard Reboot/Reset.
I was going to restore thinking its software. But even in multiple USB ports the phone isn't even recognized by the computer (Win 7) or Itunes whatsoever. (Great time to lose all my photos and contacts)
I was going to try DFU mode. But considering the phone doesn't register. That would pretty much just brick the phone.
Not sure what to do at this point. I'm going to remove my sim card, leave the phone at my 29% just incase I need some important contacts, and revert to another iphone until I can resolve the issue.

Edit. Also have tried cleaning the connector pins, making sure none of them are mangled or missing, removing all lint/dust/particles ect..
I think its hardware related, don't have the tools to remove anything but I guess ill be looking into that.

Also ... just FYI the phone is Jailbroken on 5.01 firmware.. Been this way since the firmware's release and haven't had any issues what so ever. This is what lead me to think it was initially software related... Now im not so sure.

Any feedback or advice is appreciated in advance. Thank you

Last edited: