What's new

changing font size in mail, HOW?

bookmanjoe

Reaction score
I tried going to settings, general, accessibility, where it specifically states you can change the size of the text in mail and gives you various sizes. This only changes the subject line size, not the size of the mail body. Anyone know how to make the font larger in the body of the email?
thanks,
Joe

It should work, if not restart your phone after applying the setting.

It should work, if not restart your phone after applying the setting.

Tried that and it did not work. Some messages are okay. Ones from the various groups I am on (mostly yahoo groups) have very tiny fonts. Very frustrating.

thanks

Joe

If you have a bug in your own handset you can zoom the screen with 3 x presses of the home button, repeat to restore.

CP

bookmanjoe said:
Tried the 3 presses of home twice and no change.

My bad, tap screen twice with 3 fingers, and again ti cancel.

Zoom has to be enabled in settings

CP

Thanks for both tips on zoom and larger font!! Both worked, learning everyday about new tweaks and things my phone does I did not know! lol

angiekay said:
Thanks for both tips on zoom and larger font!! Both worked, learning everyday about new tweaks and things my phone does I did not know! lol

Pleased to help,

a short cut is place finger on text, after a few seconds you will get a 'rain drop' magnifying glass above the finger, move finger along text to read more.

Very handy go subscripti

CP

crowd pleaser said:
Pleased to help,

a short cut is place finger on text, after a few seconds you will get a 'rain drop' magnifying glass above the finger, move finger along text to read more.

Very handy go subscripti

CP

Very cool thanks again!! 

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

My emails are way too long to have to scroll around with zoom on. I don't know if the emails are coming in in html or not. If they are coming from a yahoo group, they always seem to be smaller font, so maybe that is it? How does one turn off html in mail?
Thanks,
Joe

My emails are way too long to have to scroll around with zoom on. I don't know if the emails are coming in in html or not. If they are coming from a yahoo group, they always seem to be smaller font, so maybe that is it? How does one turn off html in mail?
Thanks,
Joe
Not sure,

But you can read them landscape I find it helps, also helPs with typing.

Suppose you you/l get a Square magnifying glass lol!

CP