What's new

Changing contacts from mobile to iphone

igolf

Reaction score
I have noticed that I can change a contacts number from mobile to iphone. I have been doing this on a regular basis. My problem is that when I look back at some of the ones I have changed, they have reverted back to mobile. Before anyone asks, they have iphones. I have a 6+ and am on 8.4

I have noticed that I can change a contacts number from mobile to iphone. I have been doing this on a regular basis. My problem is that when I look back at some of the ones I have changed, they have reverted back to mobile. Before anyone asks, they have iphones. I have a 6+ and am on 8.4

But the question is this, does the contact you're changing have an iPhone?

Roy

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Do you use iCloud for your contacts, or a different account, or are they saved to your iPhone?

They are saved from my phone and ipad

Those from the iPad have to be synced/stored by an email account. Do you have problems with changing the labels for these contacts?

No I don't think I have a problem with that. Don't really know what it is though.

Absolutely
Not trying to be funny, but are you sure? I have an iPhone and an Android and I switch between the two of them all the time. If someone put me in as an iPhone, then it'd be switched back on the weekend.

Not trying to be funny, but are you sure? I have an iPhone and an Android and I switch between the two of them all the time. If someone put me in as an iPhone, then it'd be switched back on the weekend.

I have given up on this question. Even Apple support does not know why it changes. It does not effect anything so I will just boast that no one knows the answere. If it does not effect anything I don't understand why they have that label on their contacts anyway.