What's new

Changing app to a different account

debs01

Reaction score
I have 2 apps that were installed from a work account. I know longer have access that account, so the apps will not update. I want to continue to use those apps and I want to update them. How do I do this? Is there a way to remove the work account from my phone?

I have 2 apps that were installed from a work account. I know longer have access that account, so the apps will not update. I want to continue to use those apps and I want to update them. How do I do this? Is there a way to remove the work account from my phone?

There is no workaround that will allow you to update those apps. In fact, those apps actually belong to your employer, not to you. All I can recommend to you is to buy the apps under your own Apple ID, anything else would involve discussions of piracy, which is not allowed on these forums.
Deleting the work account from your iPhone will also get rid of all apps and other content that was downloaded with that account.

scifan57; iPhone Forums Moderator

When I go into settings I only see my personal account. How do I delete the work account? Would simply deleting those 2 apps do so? How do I save the documents for when I redownload the app under my personal account.

When I go into settings I only see my personal account. How do I delete the work account? Would simply deleting those 2 apps do so? How do I save the documents for when I redownload the app under my personal account.

Delete the apps associated with the work account, then repurchase and download the same apps from the AppStore under your own Apple ID. All data and documents associated with the work apps will be deleted and can't be transferred to the newly downloaded apps. The documents associated with the work apps actually belong to your employer, not you. You just had the use of them while you had access to the work account.