What's new

Change Apple ID?

ardchoille

Reaction score
Under Settings > iCloud > Account (at the top), the Apple ID shows my old email address. How do I change that to my new @ me email address? Will this affect the things I've already purchased?

ardchoille said:
Under Settings > iCloud > Account (at the top), the Apple ID shows my old email address. How do I change that to my new @ me email address? Will this affect the things I've already purchased?

Nope.

The @me email address is for "iCloud Email". It is the address used in the Mail.app even tho the old one resides in iCloud settings.

I know. Completely retarded. But that is how it is mate.

Changing to the @me address would not work for some unknown reason. I tried.

Purchases are not effected in any way at all. You use your regular Apple ID for purchases. Not your @me ID.

Last edited:
Nope.

The @me email address is for "iCloud Email". It is the address used in the Mail.app even tho the old one resides in iCloud settings.

I know. Completely retarded. But that is how it is mate.

Changing to the @me address would not work for some unknown reason. I tried.

Purchases are not effected in any way at all. You use your regular Apple ID for purchases. Not your @me ID.

Thank you very much. Perhaps they won't allow a @me Apple ID in case iCloud is having problems? If that's the case then it was actually a smart decision.

ardchoille said:
Thank you very much. Perhaps they won't allow a @me Apple ID in case iCloud is having problems? If that's the case then it was actually a smart decision.

Yeah, I have never thought of that.

As you can see, your regular Apple ID is in our iCloud settings but web you have iCloud set as your default email account and you tap to compose an email, your @me address is used.

zig9449 said:
Yeah, I have never thought of that.

As you can see, your regular Apple ID is in our iCloud settings but web you have iCloud set as your default email account and you tap to compose an email, your @me address is used.

Yeah, I noticed that. So I guess it doesn't matter so long as the default email app is using the @me address.

ardchoille said:
Yeah, I noticed that. So I guess it doesn't matter so long as the default email app is using the @me address.

That's the way I look at it.lol