What's new

I confused the cloud

zuluwhiskeyfox

Reaction score
A few months back I changed my user ID on the iTunes Store. I did this because the email address that was associated with it was going to go away. I was changing isp. Along with that my Apple ID should also be changed. In most places it is. However, There are still a few times when I get a message asking for the password for the old Apple ID. That Apple ID no longer exists. So naturally it comes back with a wrong password error. An example is I can not set up my airplay. It's asking for the password for the old Apple ID. I can not figure out how to change the Apple ID under iCloud in the settings app. When I enter the password for that old Apple ID I get the error message. What do I do?

If you still have apps downloaded on your device from your old Apple ID it may be asking you for that information when there is an update available for those apps. In this case I think you would need to login with your old Apple ID since that was the account they were downloaded with. Is that when your seeing the message?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you still have apps downloaded on your device from your old Apple ID it may be asking you for that information when there is an update available for those apps. In this case I think you would need to login with your old Apple ID since that was the account they were downloaded with. Is that when your seeing the message? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most of my apps were installed with the old ID. You say log in under my old..... That's just it I can't. It comes back and says that ID is not valid. And it isn't'. I changed it. That change seems to have taken in some places but not all.

Did you change your Accounts or just create new one's?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My problems began when I went to Manage ID. I am keeping my account just changing the Apple ID as the Apple ID is an email address. And in my case that email address no longer exists. So I sort of had to change. For the most part everything is working with the new Apple ID. Just there are still a few things not wanting to play nice.

Ok I went back to that Manage Apple ID and it seems at least one of my problems was that I needed to delete my old in iCloud. Originally I was chicken to that as it was saying that it was going to delete my info from my device. Upon reading deeper into this I found out that while it does delete from my device it saves it on iCloud. Then log into iCloud under new Apple ID and it asks if you want to merge the device and iCloud. So I choose yes merge. Maybe not such a good idea to merge. As now I have duplicate entries of everything. Any suggestions on an easy way to clean up that mess.

That mess is a little bigger than first thought. Now have triplicates of my contacts.

OMG. The confusion went deeper than I originally thought. When I said I confused the cloud. It was all my doing. I do think though that I and my cloud are on the straight and narrow again. I have 3 devices. An iPhone, iPad, and a Macbook. All three each had their own version of reality. Now I think I have them all on the same page. Keeping fingers crossed.