What's new

Can't sync music to iPhone using iTunes

Aaaaaat said:
I thought it was set to update -- or notify us to update -- as needed, but I guess not.

It usually is set like that by default. Mine is....but sometimes it just won't do it.

I seen the pop up window on my GF's computer that said iTunes had an update, so I checked mine, but the pop up never showed. I even waited a few days to see if the polyp would show up...I had to manually check.

Well, I upgraded to iTunes 10.6.1.7, and it didn't fix anything. iTunes still can't put any music on the iPhone -- all of the songs that it supposedly puts on the phone are still listed in gray type in iTunes, can't play from that menu and never show up on the phone after syncing. I've again tried both manual management and syncing an entire playlist, with the same results for both. I also downloaded a song and a podcast onto the phone from the iTunes store, and iTunes on my computer doesn't recognize either one as being on the phone.

iTunes syncs to other devices just fine, but not this iPhone.

Aaaaaat said:
Well, I upgraded to iTunes 10.6.1.7, and it didn't fix anything. iTunes still can't put any music on the iPhone -- all of the songs that it supposedly puts on the phone are still listed in gray type in iTunes, can't play from that menu and never show up on the phone after syncing. I've again tried both manual management and syncing an entire playlist, with the same results for both. I also downloaded a song and a podcast onto the phone from the iTunes store, and iTunes on my computer doesn't recognize either one as being on the phone.

iTunes syncs to other devices just fine, but not this iPhone.

Did you try clicking "reset sync history"?

I finally gave up on iTunes, downloaded a free program called CopyTrans Manager, dropped a playlist from iTunes into CopyTrans Manager, then used CopyTrans Manager to put all of the music on the iPhone. It worked without a hitch.

Late to the party I realized, but I had this same problem and CopyTrans isn't Mac compatible yet so I had to keep at it. I did the following:

1) Deleted all the Music off of my iPhone 4
2) Plugged in my iPhone and did a manual Sync (no Music selected)
3) Drag/Drop a Music Playlist onto the iPhone (Music and Playlist transferred successfully)
4) Went to "Music" and was able to Sync again as normal

Worked for me. Hopefully others that read this thread can give this a try.