What's new

Can't share contact information if it contains a photo taken on iPhone 4

thewoozie

Reaction score
Hi, I am having an issue, I don't know if this is a known bug or not, but I have been able to recreate it on two completely different iPhone 4's. When I add a new contact and take a photo and associate it with that contact, then try to share the contact over MMS with another person... it fails. This happens even if I try to resubmit the MMS.... it still fails. If I delete the photo associated with the contact, and then try to share the contact info over MMS.... it goes right through.

If I try to share contact info over MMS that was created on my last iPhone 3GS and synced to my contacts... it works fine. The problem seems to be a new contact created on the Iphone 4 that has a photo associated with it, and sent over MMS.

Can anyone verify that they see this issue as well?

Like I said, this happens on my wife's iPhone 4 too.

Thanks.

Hi, I am having an issue, I don't know if this is a known bug or not, but I have been able to recreate it on two completely different iPhone 4's. When I add a new contact and take a photo and associate it with that contact, then try to share the contact over MMS with another person... it fails. This happens even if I try to resubmit the MMS.... it still fails. If I delete the photo associated with the contact, and then try to share the contact info over MMS.... it goes right through.

If I try to share contact info over MMS that was created on my last iPhone 3GS and synced to my contacts... it works fine. The problem seems to be a new contact created on the Iphone 4 that has a photo associated with it, and sent over MMS.

Can anyone verify that they see this issue as well?

Like I said, this happens on my wife's iPhone 4 too.

Thanks.

I don't know what the exact limit is on MMS attachments but I think the size of the photo has something to do with your problem. iPhone 4 takes high quality photos and the file size is very large. My guess is that MMS is blocking large file attachments such as a photo taken on the iPhone. You probably need to lower the resolution on those photos before you add them as a contact picture.

So I did some testing and it looks like 500k is the limit.

I use email. You can also send multiple contacts in one email. Also there is an app called bump that works pretty well.