What's new

Can't set voicemail greeting

FoxArcane

Reaction score
Hi, I'm using a 6 plus. I use to have a voicemail greeting set up , then I upgraded my phone to iOS 9 public beta 1 and reset everything on my phone. Now when I try to use the voicemail tab the phone app to set up a new voicemail it will allow me to record one, and play it back but when I try to save it it fails. I have reset the phone and upgraded to public beta 2 but the issue still exists. Right now I have the default voicemail , but my friends say they leave me voicemails but it never shows up on my phone . Please help

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I suppose by "reset" you're thinking of Settings - General - Reset, and one of the options there.

Did you also reset your iPhone, using Home and Power button? It could help sorting glitches you'd experience otherwise. It's also called "reboot".
Press and hold Home and Power button simultaneously until the Apple logo appears. Let go of both, your device will power up on it's own.

I tried that . I still get the same issue. I called my voicemail. It's set up and I was able to change my voicemail like that and listen to my messages, but the visual voicemail on my iPhone doesn't show any messages and will not allow me to create a new voicemail like it use to. Every time I click save it says "Greeting save failed. Failed to save your greeting"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry, I don't know what else you could try.

Did you send feedback to Apple?

No not yet . That will be my next step . Thank you for trying to help though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just an update . I called apple first and they told me to call AT&T. They reset my voicemail password and right away my visual voicemail started working again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk