What's new

cant get my music on

seedsk8er4

Reaction score
I just got the iphone 4 from verizon and i have an Itouch which i made a back-up of my apps and music. When i plugged my iPhone in, it asked me if i wanted to start new or use the iTouch's backup. I used the backup and it put all of my app's on but not any of the music. Is there a way to get my music from the backup or do i have to start fresh? :/ thanks

I just got the iphone 4 from verizon and i have an Itouch which i made a back-up of my apps and music. When i plugged my iPhone in, it asked me if i wanted to start new or use the iTouch's backup. I used the backup and it put all of my app's on but not any of the music. Is there a way to get my music from the backup or do i have to start fresh? :/ thanks
Why can't you drag the music from pc to phone?

i have 5268 songs in my iTunes. in my backup was the music i had selected for my iTouch that i wanted on my iPhone, i didn't want to have to go through and selected the small amount of that music that would go on my iPhone.

i have 5268 songs in my iTunes. in my backup was the music i had selected for my iTouch that i wanted on my iPhone, i didn't want to have to go through and selected the small amount of that music that would go on my iPhone.

hmm. i suggest starting over. I have over 12000 songs on my computer and that seems like a easy fix. good luck

I keep my music separately on an external hd and only transfer Cd's I want on my iphone at a particular moment. I would NEVER keep my only copy of my music library on iTunes. ITunes has been known to really screw up my library in the past. Apple can makes it extremely difficult to work with your music. Plus, I just have too much to keep on a computer's hd..NOT SAFE. I've made hundreds of data DVDs (which can hold about 25 Cd's on one disc) and then, of course, have an "active" copy of my library on an external drive that I can listen from or copy to itunes or whatever.

On a side note, I find it funny that everybody measures their music in songs. I've always measured mine in albums..lol..I dont have one single individual song that is NOT on a complete album. That in itself is a sign of the times, I guess. The music today is so completely devoid of soul and creative inspiration that it's only worth buying a single song..lol j/k, of course. ...I'm old

Last edited: