What's new

Cannot get Facetime to Activate

Howard

Reaction score
I cannot get a successful activation of Facetime. Any suggestions on what to do?
Thanks,
Howard

PhilSynowiec

iPhoneForums.net News Team
Reaction score
Call someone with an iPhone 4 and press Facetime, its that easy. Details would help.

Jbj4iphone

Reaction score
This is a common issue for people upgrading from the 1g or 2g iPhone. Your text plan is not configured right on your account. Customer service can fix this in 5 minutes or less. Step two is to ensure a wifi connection.

DannyBoy

Reaction score
Also, There is an on/off switch under settings>phone menu. Default is off. Had me fooled for a bit!

OP
H

Howard

Reaction score
It just says "activation was unsuccessful".

STEVEMS2305

Reaction score
I tried it and was successful last night. You must be on wifi, the other person must have the new phone, it takes a few (10 - 15) seconds to connect. Pretty cool as you can also switch to the rear camera during call.

As others have said, also check the setting in the settings area.

Last edited:

EjM

Reaction score
I couldn't get it to activate either and was freaking out cause i finally found a friend who had it and wifi available last night. So i decided to go to settings..then to phone.. and there it was .. facetime (on/off) and mine was set to off...and its been awesome ever since!

Bullet

Reaction score
Hi guys, are u sure facetime works outside US? I tried it but unsuccessful n tried it in europe also failed. Both phones were iphone4 n we both had wifi connected. Anyone outside US facetime successfully?

Gregoris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi guys, are u sure facetime works outside US? I tried it but unsuccessful n tried it in europe also failed. Both phones were iphone4 n we both had wifi connected. Anyone outside US facetime successfully?

lol imagine if facetime was us only lmao yes i used facetime lots of times and i am not in the states.. eu here

wogerwabbit

Reaction score
Tried it first time today. Worked just fine - but i didn't think I looked quite that bad

cathy

Reaction score
Does this only work from iphone to iphone or can you face to face with other networks?

Grahame

Reaction score
Can some one help, I have the iphone4 currently jail/unlocked via cydia and limera1n, phone is on vrs 4.0.2 bb 1.59.00. I have turned on facetime but it says "Waiting for activation", it been 24 hours, rang the carrier and they said it can take a while to activate, Is there a problem with the unlock/jailbreak that slows this down or stops facetime? On the phone when calling I only have pause"ll" not the face time logo let ie the little movie camera. Any help
Thanks

Most reactions

Latest posts