What's new

Cannot get Facetime to Activate

Howard

Reaction score
I cannot get a successful activation of Facetime. Any suggestions on what to do?
Thanks,
Howard

Call someone with an iPhone 4 and press Facetime, its that easy. Details would help.

This is a common issue for people upgrading from the 1g or 2g iPhone. Your text plan is not configured right on your account. Customer service can fix this in 5 minutes or less. Step two is to ensure a wifi connection.

Also, There is an on/off switch under settings>phone menu. Default is off. Had me fooled for a bit!

It just says "activation was unsuccessful".

I tried it and was successful last night. You must be on wifi, the other person must have the new phone, it takes a few (10 - 15) seconds to connect. Pretty cool as you can also switch to the rear camera during call.

As others have said, also check the setting in the settings area.

Last edited:
I couldn't get it to activate either and was freaking out cause i finally found a friend who had it and wifi available last night. So i decided to go to settings..then to phone.. and there it was .. facetime (on/off) and mine was set to off...and its been awesome ever since!

Hi guys, are u sure facetime works outside US? I tried it but unsuccessful n tried it in europe also failed. Both phones were iphone4 n we both had wifi connected. Anyone outside US facetime successfully?

Hi guys, are u sure facetime works outside US? I tried it but unsuccessful n tried it in europe also failed. Both phones were iphone4 n we both had wifi connected. Anyone outside US facetime successfully?

lol imagine if facetime was us only lmao yes i used facetime lots of times and i am not in the states.. eu here

Tried it first time today. Worked just fine - but i didn't think I looked quite that bad

Does this only work from iphone to iphone or can you face to face with other networks?

Can some one help, I have the iphone4 currently jail/unlocked via cydia and limera1n, phone is on vrs 4.0.2 bb 1.59.00. I have turned on facetime but it says "Waiting for activation", it been 24 hours, rang the carrier and they said it can take a while to activate, Is there a problem with the unlock/jailbreak that slows this down or stops facetime? On the phone when calling I only have pause"ll" not the face time logo let ie the little movie camera. Any help
Thanks