What's new

Can not move mail to trash

freddyream

Reaction score
I've googled this topic, and have tried everything. I still am having this annoying problem of not being able to move any mail to trash. Has anyone else had this problem? I would greatly appreciate any insight on how to fix this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had this problem off and on
I'm about to stop using default mail and grab gmail

If this happens with a Gmail account, go to the Settings app, scroll down to Mail, Contacts, Calendars - Accounts and tap the Gmail account. Then select your email address, and go to Advanced. In "Move discarded messages to" make sure "Deleted Mailbox" is checkmarked.

Thanks for the response. But Its outlook and/or hotmail. This just started a couple of weeks ago.

You can find the same in Outlook.

What helps in most cases with email accounts, is to delete them from the iPhone and set them up again.

Thank you for your response, but I've tried that as well. I guess there is no easy solution

Do you find "Mailbox Behaviours" in Advanced? In that case, go to "Deleted Mailbox", and make sure you chose "Deleted Messages" under "On the server".

Another option would be to login to your account using a server, and take a look at the settings there. Maybe something has to be changed.

Last edited:
I'll try that fix!
Sometimes it works sometimes it don't.... I think it's my wifi on my end now