What's new

Can I shoot any video/Edit with LOCKED iPhone any series!!

odeanmusic

Reaction score
Hi to all forum mates,

Can I shoot any of the video or make a move and edit with LOCKED iPhone any model?

Love to all forum mates!

Hani

Yes, that's possible.

With iOS 9 or 10 installed, slide to the left on the lock screen to get to the camera:
IMG_4275.JPG

Select Video (1), and when you've finished, tap here to go to the Photos app (2).
IMG_4278.JPG

There, you can edit your video:
IMG_4279.JPG

iOS 7 and 8 had a similar feature.

Last edited:
Yes, that's possible.

With iOS 9 or 10 installed, slide to the left on the lock screen to get to the camera:
View attachment 33742
Select Video (1), and when you've finished, tap here to go to the Photos app (2).
View attachment 33743
There, you can edit your video:
View attachment 33744

iOS 7 and 8 had a similar feature.

Thank you J.A. for your reply to my query in this forum.

Finally need to know can one download iOS any version to the already LOCKED iPhone?

Thanks.

Hani

You have to unlock the device and go to Settings - General - Software Update to download and install an iOS version, so that is not possible. Neither when it's on the lockscreen, nor when it's locked by a passcode, or iCloud, when you try doing it via Wi-Fi.

If you use iTunes, it is possible, but only if the iPhone has been connected to the computer before and trusts the computer. This will not work when the iPhone is locked by iCloud, though.

You have to unlock the device and go to Settings - General - Software Update to download and install an iOS version, so that is not possible. Neither when it's on the lockscreen, nor when it's locked by a passcode, or iCloud, when you try doing it via Wi-Fi.

If you use iTunes, it is possible, but only if the iPhone has been connected to the computer before and trusts the computer. This will not work when the iPhone is locked by iCloud, though.

Thank you for your reply.Is it possible the locked iPhone is already installed with the iOS? Secondly how a locked iPhone is unlocked?

May be its a silly question but still need to know as I am fully new to this all Thanks.

Hani

An iPhone will come with an iOS installed. It's possible that it doesn't have the most recent software installed.

When you receive an iPhone, you don't have to unlock it. As soon as you turn it on, it will go to the setup screen, where you have to enter your language, country, Wi-Fi, ...

There are a few ways to unlock an iPhone, once you use it regularly.
If no passcode is set up, simply press the Home button.
If you've set up a passcode, and the iPhone doesn't have Touch ID, you tap the Home button and enter the passcode.
If the iPhone has Touch ID, you tap the Home button and hold the finger that's set up for Touch ID on it to unlock your iPhone.

This user guide will show most of the information you need when you buy an iPhone:
http://help.apple.com/iphone/10/