What's new

Video editing program

Supahrob

Reaction score
Heya! I am not really sure where to post this, so I am taking a shot here. I am looking for a FREE (legitimately so) video editing program for the PC that will work with the video files created on the iPhone 4S. It doesn't have to do anything fancy, just basic editing.

Any suggestions?

Take care,
Rob

Hmm, it is hard to find a free vdieo editing software for you do like this.

Leawo Video Covnerter can do some basic editing on videos, it is not free except it is cheap.
sfdds.png

Maybe it can help you.

Attachments

• $sfdds.jpg
    $sfdds.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 120
I found one that appears to be great. It's a little early to say for sure, but it's called AVIDemux, it does .mov files and it's free. I know I can't post links here, but if someone needs a program like this - Google will hook ya up.

Again - it's freeware, so thats cool for me :)

Take care,
Rob

Is there anything out there that will convert videos you download to your phone so you can watch them? Like avi files and such?

iHolophyte

There is iMovie app for iPhone as well as for PC, you can convert video format from your iPhone to PC (.mov to .avi) or from PC to iPhone (.avi to .mov)...

There is iMovie app for iPhone as well as for PC, you can convert video format from your iPhone to PC (.mov to .avi) or from PC to iPhone (.avi to .mov)...

Thanks for that. I'm more after just downloading what ever movie format within my phone then playing it within my phone. I do not need to option of dragging it across from iTunes, just if I'm out and there is something I want to view then the capability of doing this through the phone on both counts. iMovie is a bit too advanced for what I need, but thanks anyway.

If anyone else has any that will do this, then please let me know.

iHolophyte

Hmm - I haven't actually had a lot of luck using AVIDemux. It's funny ya know. The version of iMovie for the ipad/iphone is plenty for me. My needs (at least at this point) are VERY basic. But the number one has to be the ability to actually use the video files that the iphone makes (duh). Then I want to be able to put them together - MAYBE some basic trasitions, I would like to be able to insert some text and add some music. Oh yeah, I am broke, so I am looking for a free one - or a VERY cheap one.

That's pretty much all I need. Because of the .mov file format thing, and the price range - I am striking out big time.

I am intrigued with the iMovie for PC. I did a search on Google, and it seems to me that the only iMovie for PC I could find is not actually made by Apple - its like Wonderblog or something. Is this the right one? It has a trial that I am gonna try - but after that the price seems a little high.

Does anyone know of ANYTHING that will fit my criteria INCLUDING being free (or dern close to it lol)?

Take care,
Rob

Is there anything out there that will convert videos you download to your phone so you can watch them? Like avi files and such?

iHolophyte

Have a look at OPlayer there is a paid and a free version in the AppStore. I using it and its absolutely great. And there is no need to convert the source file.

OPlayer HD has been rated as "IPHONE APPS Plus Best."

★ Supported File Format Extension

✔ XVID/DIVX AVI, WMV, RMVB, ASF, H264, MKV, TS, M2TS... most of all movie file formats.
✔ MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, FLAC... most of all audio file formats.
✔ SMI, ASS, SUB, SRT, TXT... most of all subtitle file formats.

★ Extra Features

✔ USB Sync: Use itunes to fast sync movies to your iPad.
✔ WIFI Upload: Upload movies by the web browser of your computer, support ie/safari/firefox/chrome.
✔ FTP server: Upload movies by the ftp client of your computer, support cyberduck/filezilla.
✔ FTP Client: You can download files from FTP server to your iPad.
✔ SAMBA Client: You can download files from SAMBA server to your iPad.
✔ Streaming: Support HTTP/RTSP/MMS/FTP/SAMBA streaming.
✔ File Management: Support New/Rename/Cut/Paste/Delete.
✔ Playlist: Create your own playlist, and play files continuous, you can even use OPlayer as a music player.
✔ Different Play Mode: Support Loop off/Loop One/Loop all.
✔ Screen Lock: View your movie even on the bed.
✔ Dynamically Menu: Dynamically choose audio/subtitle/video channel and encoding method.
✔ Resume Function: Don't worry about closing your application suddenly.
✔ TV Out: Both cable TV out and AirPlay are supported.
✔ iTunes Backup: By default, we will not backup media data when you do iTunes sync or iCloud backup, and you can't see the files in iTunes, you can enable it in the settings page to backup your media data.

I know you say on your PC, but I use Splice on the actual phone and its amazing. You can preview and preview as much as you want before you crop, edit and save. Super easy to use and I love it! Great find for the free version and I am considering buying the paid version.

Downloaded both oplayer and splice. Will see how I get on.
Thing I'm after though is if someone uploads a video and it's avi. I want to be able to play it through my phone. Or if it's wma again to be able to play it through my phone. I don't think splice allows this. Not looked at oplayer yet. But thanks for the replies.

iHolophyte