What's new

Can I pay in full for a Verizon phone on 9/12/14?

XDRoX

Reaction score
Here's the deal. I am currently on an unlimited Verizon plan. I don't want to lose my unlimited plan so I want to pay the full price for the iPhone 6. When I look on their site they only offer an AT&T unlocked version for full price.

Is it possible for me to buy a Verizon version on September 12th and pay full price?
Thanks

In the past, VZW only let you pre-order if you upgraded. If you wanted to pay full price, you had to go buy it on launch day. I guess we'll see tomorrow if they stick to that strategy. Apple might let you pre-order for full price. Stay tuned. I'm in the same boat, but I plan on getting mine from Apple, so I'll see tomorrow.

I plan on adding a line with edge canceling the line and just pay off the phone with payments since the line technically isn't in contract

In the past, VZW only let you pre-order if you upgraded. If you wanted to pay full price, you had to go buy it on launch day. I guess we'll see tomorrow if they stick to that strategy. Apple might let you pre-order for full price. Stay tuned. I'm in the same boat, but I plan on getting mine from Apple, so I'll see tomorrow.

I emailed Apple yesterday. They responded to buy it from Verizon.
The funny part is right now if you go on Apple's site you can put a Verizon iPhone 5 into your cart and it rings up $549 if you put in a valid Verizon phone number that is not eligible for an upgrade. My wife's phone is on my same account. If I enter her number the phone rings up $549. The really weird part is when I go to check out it does say "2 year contract required." I have no idea why it says that when I'm paying full price for the phone.

I emailed Apple yesterday. They responded to buy it from Verizon.
The funny part is right now if you go on Apple's site you can put a Verizon iPhone 5 into your cart and it rings up $549 if you put in a valid Verizon phone number that is not eligible for an upgrade. My wife's phone is on my same account. If I enter her number the phone rings up $549. The really weird part is when I go to check out it does say "2 year contract required." I have no idea why it says that when I'm paying full price for the phone.
They said buy it from Verizon? Now that you say that, I do remember someone in another forum stating that Apple wouldn't sell them a phone because of their unlimited data. You're right, I could buy it against a phone that is still under contract. Heck I'd only be adding a month or two on to that phone's contract. It guess it's a work around. I'll see what happens tomorrow.

I plan on adding a line with edge canceling the line and just pay off the phone with payments since the line technically isn't in contract
That's a good idea. I like it. I might try this myself. Thanks!

I would also try adding it into your cart without an upgrade at Apple.com once it goes live and seeing if you can order it that way. Should be the quickest way to get it. It may not work but it is worth a shot.

I tried ordering the T-Mobile phone and it would have worked, but the description says (GSM). I know that iPhones generally have all the radios, but I didn't want to take the chance. Especially since nothing's shipping before mid October now. I'll just keep using my G3 until October then I'll take a look at paying full retail for one.

Pre-Order complete. It won't ship until 16 October though since I didn't stay up last night :(.

You have to get gutsy and select "Upgrade" for your unlimited line. That will take you to a second page where you can unselect upgrade and select month-to-month, so yes, you can pre-order on VZW's website and keep your unlimited.

Which model did you order Scotty? My 3 am preorders were wrong, so I called in and sat on hold for 40 minutes, then a lady helped me cancel the 3 am orders and start from scratch and I'm still supposed to get them the 19th - it was for two 64gb 6's, and that was about an hour ago.

Which model did you order Scotty? My 3 am preorders were wrong, so I called in and sat on hold for 40 minutes, then a lady helped me cancel the 3 am orders and start from scratch and I'm still supposed to get them the 19th - it was for two 64gb 6's, and that was about an hour ago.
6+ / Gold / 128

And I love that you kept your user name here :)