What's new

Can I change my phone number on AT&T iphone 3gs?

scrabble

Reaction score
Is it possible to have my number changed on the AT&T iphone 3gs and if so, how would I proceed. I have had the phone and number since May 2011? Thanks.

scrabble said:
Is it possible to have my number changed on the AT&T iphone 3gs and if so, how would I proceed. I have had the phone and number since May 2011? Thanks.

Call your carrier and request a number change! :D

darkstar2007 said:
call your carrier and request a number change! :d

1+1=2

I don't quite understand your "1+1=2" or I'm not sure, maybe I do.

But in any event, forgive me if perhaps my question seemed simple or insignificant, but the reason I raised the question is due to the fact that I was told that I could change the number on the phone myself, and I just wanted to be sure to proceed correctly.

scrabble said:
I don't quite understand your "1+1=2" or I'm not sure, maybe I do.

But in any event, forgive me if perhaps my question seemed simple or insignificant, but the reason I raised the question is due to the fact that I was told that I could change the number on the phone myself, and I just wanted to be sure to proceed correctly.

I was messing with Darkstar. +2. I was agreeing with him. No there is no way to change your number from your device. You have to call your carrier to change the number and there will be a fee. I'm not sure how much your carrier charges but Verizon charges $15.

Thanks, I contacted AT&T and they charge a $36 activation fee to change a phone number on the iphone 3GS.

WOW! talk about getting it *moderated*

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually I just changed my number on AT&T and they only charge 18.00

If you install a different sim card your number will change for that iPhone. The numbers are attached to the sim cards and not the iPhone.