What's new

can 4.0.1 be jailbroken?

showjet95

Reaction score
wish I would have known not to do the update:-/ and dying to have mine jailbroken, its just not the same when its stock! lol
thanks.

wish I would have known not to do the update:-/ and dying to have mine jailbroken, its just not the same when its stock! lol
thanks.

Your OK 4.0.1 isn't a baseband update so it will be unlocked when they eventually release the jailbreak.

As far as i know spirit can jailbreak 4.0.1. First thing you need to do before ANYTHING else is use tinyumbrella to get your blobs. and if you dont know what that is then you need to do your homework

can you give me some more info please? Im retarded when it comes to this hacking crap lol, and I really wanna jail break this one. I had it on my 3Gs and I loved that phone. Its just not the same now lol:-/

Ailright ill give u the basics

First step: download, read about, and use tinyumbrella.

What is tinyumbrella? It is a program that will save your phone's "shsh blobs" which are required for you to restore your phone to an older firmware. (itunes wont let you normally)

Second step: go to jailbreakme.com to jailbreak with spirit

What is spirit at jailbreakme? Spirit 2.0 is comex's latest jailbreak program that lets you jailbreak your phone directly from the website, no computer/usb needed.

Even though jailbreaking has been made easier over the years, you should really read up.

Ok so I went to download tinyumbrella and it took me to rapidshare, and once it finished downloading I tried opening the file and it says it cannot recognize the file type...??, I know Im not this dumb lol, this has to be an easy thing to do, and Im just not getting it....wow, any help?:-/, all I want to do is download my firmware from 4.0.1 to 4.0.0, and save my blobs first...thanks in advance!

also, what happens if I go to jailbreakme.com and Im on 4.1 and I havent saved the shsh blobs? Im assuming it wouldnt work? thanks.

a bunch of things failed cache when it was loading cydia...

and where is winterbaord then? and wow, I liked rock sooo much better then cydia:-/