What's new

Camera setting

KeithStoddart

Reaction score
Hope this is appropriate here?
Can anyone tell me how to make 16:9 as standard setting for the camera please? Every time I open the camera it is always at 4:3. I know I can change it but it is a pain to do when you want a quick shot. If it there is a way to make it standard so every time I open the camera it is always at 16:9.
Thanks in advance.
Kind regards
Keith

Settings > Camera > Preserve Settings > Creative Controls to on.
There are other settings there that you may be interested in also.
Thanks Dave. I actually found that one out myself. As long as I use 16:9 all the time then it should open with that setting. I thought there may be other settings I could go into to set it.
Thanks again

Not that I’m aware of. I went through this a while back. It may not be a perfect solution but it’s helpful if you mostly use 16:9. I agree Apple could implement this better.

Not that I’m aware of. I went through this a while back. It may not be a perfect solution but it’s helpful if you mostly use 16:9. I agree Apple could implement this better.
I agree. It may be fixed in newer versions. I have only just recently bought this XR from my son's girlfriend. I have to say I do love it though. I went from my trusty old iphone 5 to this and I am over the moon with it. I know the front camera isn't that great but hey, everything else is just fab.
Thanks again for your response Dave and take care.