What's new

Camera Roll empty after screen replacement :(

ChipRivers

Reaction score
Firstly, apologies if this is in the wrong forum.

I have just replaced the screen on my daughters iPhone 4S and thankfully on putting it back together, all seemed to be working ok.

All except for the apparent disappearance of her photos!

There was a large number of photos on her iPhone which now seem to have disappeared. All the folders that they were saved into are still there, but no actual photos. Everything else that was previously on the phone including music and contacts, is still all there as before.

Any idea what may have happened or how we can get the photos back? Is there a separate memory that stores the photos that I have not connected up?

Firstly, apologies if this is in the wrong forum.

I have just replaced the screen on my daughters iPhone 4S and thankfully on putting it back together, all seemed to be working ok.

All except for the apparent disappearance of her photos!

There was a large number of photos on her iPhone which now seem to have disappeared. All the folders that they were saved into are still there, but no actual photos. Everything else that was previously on the phone including music and contacts, is still all there as before.

Any idea what may have happened or how we can get the photos back? Is there a separate memory that stores the photos that I have not connected up?

I too have experienced this problem with the 4s and was curious if you ever found a solution and recovered the photos? My usage says I have 7gb in photos and camera.. It's there somewhere, just don't know how to get to it! :(

Try retrieving them using a non-iTunes utility such as iExplorer or iFunBox. Navigate to the camera roll directories and export the photos from your device to your computer, then restore your device to reset the 7GB counter.

Thanks. I was trying to use wondershare, but I first needed iTunes and of course with my luck, iTunes wouldn't download properly. Tried removing all iTunes related programs then reinstalling, but still an error. I looked up other options and found Iexplorer so that's what I'll be trying next. I hope I can get them to my laptop and then delete the 7gb of camera roll itself (which I just found out how to do last night.) I was fearing that I'd have to reset my phone in order to get rid of that "dead space", but I'm so happy that I can just delete that. :) I'll repost here after I get it all figured out.. Hoping for the best! ��