What's new

Buyer's remorse for iPhone 6 Plus owners?

I got my 6 plus today. Not all that impressed. It's just a bigger 5s
Better camera than the 5s. NFC and Apple Pay. Landscape mode for home screen, and better battery life. Add all that to the larger screen, and it is more than just a larger 5s. Once they get iOS 8.0.x straightened out, you've got a nice smartphone!

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Personally I'm okay with it being a bigger 5s. Lol all I ever wanted was a bigger screen I don't care for all the gimmicks.

I do wish Apple would add more jailbreak tweaks like swipeselection, my3g/4g ( crazy that I have unlimited data but certain apps require me to be on wifi to do certain things), and gridlock to name a few that just make using the phone easier.

Personally I'm okay with it being a bigger 5s. Lol all I ever wanted was a bigger screen I don't care for all the gimmicks.

I do wish Apple would add more jailbreak tweaks like swipeselection, my3g/4g ( crazy that I have unlimited data but certain apps require me to be on wifi to do certain things), and gridlock to name a few that just make using the phone easier.
All i wanted was a bigger screen too lol.
You never know we might get these things or similar in time, Apple are relaxing their restrictions a little more now.
Apparently when iPhone was first released you couldn't even change your wallpaper.

Last edited:
How did you get yours already? This is 19 Sep, and the 6+ aren't due to be released until Oct.
I think we all will see movement now. Earlier today my iphone changed status from processing to preparing for shipment. Well, just now, I got my email saying I get my iphone on Oct 6 instead of the original Oct 13-20.

Last edited:
I don't have buyers remorse as i love the 4.7, I saw the 5.5 today though in the flesh so to speak and held it in my hand, I have to say it isn't as huge as i imagined and is pretty manageable in the hand, It is very nice, Apple got it right this year, Two very nice phones.

I don't have buyers remorse as i love the 4.7, I saw the 5.5 today though in the flesh so to speak and held it in my hand, I have to say it isn't as huge as i imagined and is pretty manageable in the hand, It is very nice, Apple got it right this year, Two very nice phones.
That's reassuring. UPS tracking now says I will have my phone by Oct. 2. The case is here waiting!

That's reassuring. UPS tracking now says I will have my phone by Oct. 2. The case is here waiting!
Not long for you to wait now then, You're going to love it, Let us know what you think.

I've had my 6+ since last Thursday. Coming from a 4S. I must say that while I have not completely adjusted to the bigger size, I do like this phone. I love the screen! Even though I have big hands and long fingers, I will have to consider this a two-handed device. I don't have any mental issues with that as I use my phone the least as a phone. It is a go-with-me-everywhere pocket computer that is being marketed as a phone. I'm mostly liking iOS8 even though I don't like Apple's mostly white motif. I don't mind the flat, clean look, but I don't like too much bright light burning off my screen all the time. I am a bit worried about bending this joker. I want it to last 3 years. Battery life seems much, much, much better than what I was getting with the 4S. I could drain it in a couple of hours.

Has anyone tried all of these new-fangled iOS8 features like handoff?

I've had the 6 for a week. I currently just went back to the 5s. I didn't like it. So my fiance' had the 5s - gold - 32 GB and we traded. I was happier with my 5s. I can't use the apple pay anyways because my bank "huntington" isn't set up for it yet, so that was an immediate deal breaker for me.

Thankfully my bank is now it wasn't before (TD bank) however I don't use it often.I use cash mostly

I've had my 6+ for a little over a month now and couldn't be happier! Love the screen size and can't say enough about the battery life. No longer do I wonder if my phone will last the day or have to plug it in at random times just to make it through a day. I did have one issue with blurry pics as others have reported but a trip to the Genius Bar and an overnighted new camera fixed that. Great service from the Apple Store!

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk