What's new

Buy the iPhone 5 outright on launch?

Poisonivy said:
from what i understand the Apple stores open at 8am,its worth checking that out though,in any case the queues start earlier than that so you should be fine.

Awesome, cheers! Now to decide if I actually WANT it hah.

Poisonivy said:
you know you want it......dont fight it,resistance is futile lol ;)

Arrgghhh not the peer pressure!!! Hah.

Sadly a lot of the new features won't be available in NZ. Notably LTE, which is at least 2 years away here. Most of Siris new tricks don't seem to be supported either. Will only really be a screen size/processor speed/looks/annoy my workmates upgrade for me.

Arrgghhh not the peer pressure!!! Hah.

Sadly a lot of the new features won't be available in NZ. Notably LTE, which is at least 2 years away here. Most of Siris new tricks don't seem to be supported either. Will only really be a screen size/processor speed/looks/annoy my workmates upgrade for me.
"annoy my workmates"......well thats the best reason for having the new iPhone,go for it LOL.

They might offer you some type of discount... Just call and confirm you will extend your contract 2 years and hopefully they will help you out.

RandyM said:
Is this with any carrier or just Verizion. I would get the 5 if I could get it for Apples listed price and replace it with the AT+T 4s I currently have. AT+T wants the price Apple announced plus an extra $250 to switch to a 5 for there current customers

idk about that but you should figure out would you still have to pay the $250 if you bought it at full retail price from apples site and just convert it onto your plan

I have a 4s 64gb with AT+T and they I am eligible for a phone upgrade to anyphone but the iphone 5! If i want the 5 I would have to pay $650 plus a new two year plan or wait till my contract is up in May 2013 to get the apple prices. So it looks like I will be staying with the 4s. Its probably better for me this way that way if theres any issues found after release they can fix them before i get mine. I plan on another 64gb one when i do get one.

I'm also a At&t customer who plans on getting the Iphone 5. I know I'll have to pay full price but never heard anything about a new 2 year plan, that doesn't sound right. I checked on the Apple site and it said I was eligible to get the phone, it will just be at the unsubsidized price.

I have a 4s 64gb with AT+T and they I am eligible for a phone upgrade to anyphone but the iphone 5! If i want the 5 I would have to pay $650 plus a new two year plan or wait till my contract is up in May 2013 to get the apple prices. So it looks like I will be staying with the 4s. Its probably better for me this way that way if theres any issues found after release they can fix them before i get mine. I plan on another 64gb one when i do get one.

You were right. I guess I'll be waiting also. Hopefully I can get a unlocked one in a few weeks.

qnet said:
You were right. I guess I'll be waiting also. Hopefully I can get a unlocked one in a few weeks.

I just read on another forum topic here that the prices for an unlocked iPhone 5 would be even more than what AT+T wants!
If you look for a topic called "factory unlocked" look for a post from "cherlloydfan1"
They said the prices for an unlocked iPhone 5 are
16gb -$649.00
32gb -$749.00
64gb -$849.00

I am trying to verify if this is true or not if so I will just pay out the cash to AT+T

( I want a 64gb iPhone 5 in black)

I just read on another forum topic here that the prices for an unlocked iPhone 5 would be even more than what AT+T wants!
If you look for a topic called "factory unlocked" look for a post from "cherlloydfan1"
They said the prices for an unlocked iPhone 5 are
16gb -$649.00
32gb -$749.00
64gb -$849.00

I am trying to verify if this is true or not if so I will just pay out the cash to AT+T

( I want a 64gb iPhone 5 in black)

That sounds about right. That's how much I remember it being for the 4S. When I pre ordered my iPhone it said it would not be delivered until Oct 5. I canceled. I figured if I had to wait that long I might as well wait until the unlocked versions are available.

$849.00 is a lot so l'll have to think about it. I can afford it but that's a lot for a phone. I just don't want to be locked into another two years with At&t. It looks like they are going to screw us either way LOL!

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Well, I went ahead and preordered a Blk 64GB model for $649.99. I got some great discounts through my company on the data and wireless plan so I took the plunge. It's going to be a long 14-21 days waiting.

Well, I went ahead and preordered a Blk 64GB model for $649.99. I got some great discounts through my company on the data and wireless plan so I took the plunge. It's going to be a long 14-21 days waiting.

Where did you get a 64g model for $649?

Where did you get a 64g model for $649?

On the AT&T premier website. This is not a unlocked version, I still had to sign another two year deal. I'm only six months into my current deal so It's not as bad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:
On the AT&T premier website. This is not a unlocked version, I still had to sign another two year deal. I'm only six months into my current deal so It's not as bad.

Ah, I see. Would have been a sweet deal unlocked :)

Ah, I see. Would have been a sweet deal unlocked :)

It sure would have. I was going to wait for the unlocked version but I got 21% off both the wireless and data plans with my company discounts. I couldn't pass that deal up since I would have been waiting for the unlocked version anyway.

With my current plan I only get the discount on the wireless plan and not the data. AT&T reeled me in with the 5gb with tethering plan.