What's new

Buy iPhone from kiosk or BB?

apple

Reaction score
Should i buy iPHone from Best Buy or Verizon store or Apple store?
What are the advantages and disadvantages of each one? I mean just in case something goes wrong with the phone or needs a repair and whatnot.
Any help will be appreciated.:cool:

i say verizon store. i mean it is verizon service so they can be the most helpful. apple and BB are prolly just authorized retailers. but from the tech standpoint i say apple.

i wouldnt buy from BB at all for cell phone service. just my .02

I would say the Verizon store. Granted, BB is an authorized retailer, Verizon deals strictly with Verizon issues.

Should i buy iPHone from Best Buy or Verizon store or Apple store?
What are the advantages and disadvantages of each one? I mean just in case something goes wrong with the phone or needs a repair and whatnot.
Any help will be appreciated.:cool:

Go to Verizon. My husband I were fully prepared to pay full retail price for the 32G since I was not eligible for an upgrade (only bought the fascinate a few months ago)....so we went straight to the Apple store in the mall. The salesman there suggested we go downstairs and just try to see what Verizon could do for us. Good thing we did. Awesome guy at Verizon worked it so that we added a 3rd line to our family plan(extra $10 a month, big deal...were not even using that line lol), and got the 32G for $300 instead of $750.
Thank you Verizon.

I would also suggest going to an actual Verizon Store. They will take good care of you.

One other thing to think about if you are looking at Best Buy, is their new 'Buy Back Program'. Essentially you buy a new product now, and when you are ready to upgrade, BB will buy the product back from you for up to 50% of the original purchase price.

The downside would be that there is a fee for using the program ($39.99 for mobile phones under $349, and $59.99 for mobile phones over $350). Also, once they buy your product back from you, you are "paid" via BB Gift Card to go towards your next purchase. So essentially you will be tied to BB for the next little while if you decide to use this program.

Just a thought. Good luck.

There is one disadvantage to buying an iphone period from verizon I was told anyway at the verizon store if I have any problems hardware related with the phone I have to bring it directly to an apple store and by appointment only verizon isn't allowed to work on the phones..which I thought really sucked considering the closest apple store to me is an hour away..just hope nothing ever happens..lol

I don't think it matters either way if you're buying it with a new contract because you'll have to go to the apple store for service anyway.