What's new

Budgeting for multiple family members - any good apps?

osubuckeye

Reaction score
I am looking around for a good app to use so that my wife and I can budget with shared information. We do 99.9% of our spending using our checking account but I'm thinking about switching to credit card to take advantage of cashback rewards.

In doing this I'm going to have to start thinking ahead so we don't overspend... But I'd like to keep track of expenses so I know how much I have left on, say, our grocery budget halfway through the month

Here is my wish list in order of importance:
1. Keeps track of expense vs budget for the month
2. Gathers information from bank/credit card over the web
3. Shared information so my wife can check it out on her iphone also

I also really hope someone takes advantage of Siri with this. It would be awesome to walk out of the store and say "Note I just spent $120 in groceries at the food lion". Then for that information to actually appear on both our iphones when we look up our budget.

Speaking of shared information... does anyone know anything about GroceryIQ? looks like it's an app that keeps a shared grocery list so there are no duplicates. Or are there any others that might be better?

My wife and I have the same setup you are looking for, and we have used HomeBudget with Sync. I forget how much it actually costs, maybe $4.99 if memory serves, but it's totally worth it. It's fantastic.