What's new

BT Smart Talk App

crowd pleaser

Reaction score
Hi guys,
we all like to save a few pennies, i recently reviewed my internet and landline phone costs.

i was on BT for landline and Infinity 1 internet, thats not a boast, i got 40 meg per month. I changed to infinity 2 and now get unlimited 80meg download and 20 upload. I run a small business and check CCTv footage remotely, plus i play games and have 3 grandchildren who also play online games here.

enough of my thrilling life lol! Recently BT released their Smart Talk App,

http://www.btplc.com/news/articles/showarticle.cfm?articleid={1f008ab3-1c80-4d4b-896e-2e6dfb5b3276}

In short you can attach up to 5 smart phones to your landline and get your calls at landline rate using this app (available in other o/sflavours not just iPhone).

So if you go BT with all calls anytime+ (breaking call every hour) you can natter endlessly on your mobile as though from your home phone, you get free 0800 and 0845 and half price landline rates to mobiles of any service provider.

seems to me a very good deal, especially for those like me as well as any who have kids that overuse their mobiles, as long as you have WiFi or 3G (data costs only).

thinking about while abroad or holidays, EE's bolt on's are very expensive for what you get - data roaming just don't go their, but using this app over any free WiFi i can scrounge in cafes etc it will be a boon. It will also work over G3, given it is only speech i'd guess little data would be used, so the bolt-on would i think offer much better value for phone calls at least.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info,I'm with BT,I'm going to have a look at that.

Thanks for the info,I'm with BT,I'm going to have a look at that.

i spoke to BT today, the girl knew of the app but was not fully aware what you could do.

might suit some to go payg instead of contract as example, depending on users usage of coarse, but a nifty way for BT to get call time that your competitors would normally handle, and get client base over to pay £8 pcm for it.

i alsi found out premium rate and abroad calks are banned, so for long suffering parents their could be real advantages

just to add, i get a rubbish mobil signal at home, using WiFi i can now use my phone (outgoing) and have my full contact list available. not sure what happens if i get an incoming landline call at the same time - could get interesting :)

More and more iPhone applications are yet to come as new versions keep on coming. Day by day we tend to get hooked on this apps.