What's new

Broken connection to motherboard?

jsm3131

Reaction score
My iphone 4 will not hold a charge and will turn on/off when plugged into a charger. As soon as i unplug it the phone shuts off. I took it to a repair shop and the man helping me told me that i had a broken connection to the motherboard. the man said that he thought the phone wa suseless. Does anyone think that this is a fixable problem or should i just dump the phone?

If it was me I would it to a few other shops and get a second opinion...

It should still be in warranty, unless the shops voided it by opening it. Were they authorized apple shops? Why didn't you take it to Apple to start with. If you don't have an Apple store handy, then you can call Apple and get an exchange.

Last edited:
My iphone 4 will not hold a charge and will turn on/off when plugged into a charger. As soon as i unplug it the phone shuts off.

Sorry about your problem. But that raises a question: does the charging/iTunes connector to the iPhone (on the bottom) go on only ONE way or can it go either way? I always have the connector with the little "markers on the connector" on top facing the front, but maybe the other way is OK. Comments?

My iphone 4 will not hold a charge and will turn on/off when plugged into a charger. As soon as i unplug it the phone shuts off.

Sorry about your problem. But that raises a question: does the charging/iTunes connector to the iPhone (on the bottom) go on only ONE way or can it go either way? I always have the connector with the little "markers on the connector" on top facing the front, but maybe the other way is OK. Comments?

One way only, please. Markings to the front face.

Thanks, poco.... I thought so, but I was going to try to "stick" the connector in the other way, just to see what the result would be, but didn't. Don't want to nuke a $600 piece of hardware...!

It only fits one way. I've tried to put my phone in charge many a time in the dark. 50/50 chance and 9/10 times get it wrong. Don't quite know how that works. Lol...

50/50 chance and 9/10 times get it wrong. Don't quite know how that works. Lol...

Right, gaz... It's like Murphy's Law: if something can go wrong, it will!