What's new

Bricked, I know what you're thinking but humour me please ( :

JamieM_Uk

Reaction score
Ok, first I should introduce myself. I am a n00b on this forum but not to forums themselves. My name is Jamie and I have a problem.

Nope, I'm not an alcoholic sorry to disappoint you. As you can see not only am I not an alcoholic but I'm also not very funny.

Now I've broken the ice like a true eWierdo I feel it's time to out my life story in to a few short paragraphs and beg for mercy of some more experienced iPhone techys.

Ok, seatbelts on... ready?

So...

The scenario...

The sister had an Iphone 3GS with old bootrom ,serial - XX0334XXXXX.

The phone was unlocked by your average phoneshop and also jailbroken. Sweet. It ran sweet too for quite some time however she was clumsy and decided to drop it a few times. I'm unsure whether dropping it and how it ended up is related or not but basically the phone pretty much **** itself and locked itself out and required a restore. It was impossible to do anything with it and it also had a popup come up here and there saying the phone couldn't make or receive calls and would need to be restored via itunes and displayed a link to apple/support.

I'd like to point out that at this point there was no way I could find out what the SN was as it was jamed, I even tried letting the battery run out so it could reset itself properly which made no difference at all. To make things that much more interesting she had a passcode according to itunes which of course we couldn't get shot of. Anyway... I decided to try to restore it via itunes as you do. This was to no avail. Error code (1) on 3 different computers, 2 Pc's and one bang up to date Mac.

I then decided to go down the root of re-jailbreaking - Weapon of choice - redsn0w latest build as it now was seemingly wiped by my failed restore on itunes for 5.1.1.

As I couldn't tell what model it was I didn't de-select the ipad baseband (not sure why,but I did :( ) although the jailbreak was successful I got in to the phone... you guessed it it's bricked.

No wifi, bluetooth address or IMEI displayed.

I have since then tried the following;

Restoring it via itunes expecting it to fail error (1) to which it does, and then re-attempting to jailbreak but de-selecting the ipad baseband hoping it would revert nada. After attempting this a few times I got pissed and thought I'd try restoring it to an earlier IOS 4.1, hoping that I could use sn0wbreeze to mod it hoping it would install it with an earlier baseband... you guessed it Neeeeeeeerp.

After this, I used sn0wbreeze to mod 5.1.1 and use itunes to install... it installed but still bricked.

Why couldn't itunes have just f****** installed 5.1.1 in the first place.!? I was able to install it after sn0wbreeze via f***** itunes! GRRR - I wouldn't have bricked it if it had of worked.

Anyway! Is there anything worth trying or is it doomed forever? or at least til the dev team sort a fix, which I doubt they will as it's an old model!

No, once you flashed the iPad baseband, there is no way to go back. When was your iPhone manufactured? If it was after the 35th week of 2011 then you have permanently bricked your iPhone.

I did notice in another thread you stated if it was manurfactured after the 35th week of 2011 then it's permanently bricked? Does this mean there is hope for older models?

It shows no IMEI, bluetooth 00.00.00.00.00.00.00 ect.
Modem firmware - blank
My SN is - XX 0334 XXXXX

It's an old rom according to sn0wbreeze

Any help much appreciated, and I once again apologise for such a long first post!

Took a look at the link, Putting it in the oven seems a little too hardcore for me and there aren't any actual instructions on exactly what to do from what I can see so I'm not too sure about doing it.

Like I say it's been tried and positive feedback has been given...if your problem persists you will have nothing to lose....give a go.... follow the link I posted then the link in the short description...it will give you cooking instructions....

Well she's in lol!

Currently around 3 minutes in to baking!

7805190584_d313a6c2c4_z.jpg

Fingers crossed, I shall report back tomorrow, unless I put it back together tonight!

Didn't work, followed it to a T, dead as a door nail now.

boo. yawn time for bed.

Thought I read that some people found success after 2-3 goes...? also did you pre-heat the oven to get it up to temp before you tried cooking...?

Yeah I pre-heated the oven followed the instructions to a T, I always do no point skipping steps ect,

Phones dead as a door nail now, doesn't even power up, and in itunes Serial ect is no longer available so it looks like for me at least this method didn't work. I'm going to sell the phone on ebay now, although doubt it's worth anything lol