I have the black iPhone 4 and my Nephew has the white iPhone 4. I actually like his alot. It is more of an off white, or a bone white. To me it has alot of character that the black iPhone does not. If I had to do over, I would buy the white.
I personally like Black one. I have my iPhone4 black and it's wonderful. I have some better protective quality cases for my iPhone. I am using the otterbox case, which is best in protection and easy to access.
Definitely black. I purchased my iPhone before the Verizon iPhone was even released as a pre-order so of course I had no real choice but I probably would've still chosen the black one. Black is just so classy.
I bought my black one right after they came out, so I had no choice. White is cool, but I use my snap on protective case to get a different look. I bought a blue icase from SigmaJ.
I second the motion. My iPhone has now taught me to become more OCD and I don't really regret any bits of it since I'm usually a disorganized person, hahaha.