What's new

Best Unlocked iPhone carrier in the US? Need help!

xamyneedscowbells

Reaction score
Hi guys,

This is my first post on this forum so, hello!
Okay straight to my problem,.
So i have an Unlocked Iphone 4S (factory unlocked) and i really need a carrier who can give me (at least) 3G data speed.

Currently, im on tmobile, which only provide me with EDGE. Tried contacting AT&T and they said they dont offer data plan for unlocked smartphones.

So, currently i ordered StraightTalk last saturday and today the order (for whatev reason) got cancelled by itself. Called them, they said to try to place another order, so i did. Itll be here on Weds if everything goes smoothly.

Question is, is Straight Talk the only carrier in the US who can give me at least 3G data speed on my unlocked iPhone 4S?

ST' users, please tell me your experience with them. When they said they dont have my CC number on their database, it sounds fishy to me. I hope im wrong.

Thanks!

xamyneedscowbells said:
Hi guys,

This is my first post on this forum so, hello!
Okay straight to my problem,.
So i have an Unlocked Iphone 4S (factory unlocked) and i really need a carrier who can give me (at least) 3G data speed.

Currently, im on tmobile, which only provide me with EDGE. Tried contacting AT&T and they said they dont offer data plan for unlocked smartphones.

So, currently i ordered StraightTalk last saturday and today the order (for whatev reason) got cancelled by itself. Called them, they said to try to place another order, so i did. Itll be here on Weds if everything goes smoothly.

Question is, is Straight Talk the only carrier in the US who can give me at least 3G data speed on my unlocked iPhone 4S?

ST' users, please tell me your experience with them. When they said they dont have my CC number on their database, it sounds fishy to me. I hope im wrong.

Thanks!

Dude...Straight Talk is the "best" option for an unlocked iPhone in the US.

Nothing beats it. $45 a month for unlimited everything.

Just look up the guides on how to get 3G data and MMS to work and your good.

There are other choices...but nothing comes close to Straight Talk...the data is fast, the plan is cheap, just everything about it is awesome.

I am with Verizon, but if I ever got my hands on an unlocked iPhone 4S then I would be on Straight Talk for sure.

I'm not a ST user but... hopefully this thread will help you find some answers. If anything it'll point you to those who may have the answers you're looking for. http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/general-carrier-discussions-56/straight-talk-iphone-guide-unlimited-talk-text-data-%2445-month-34930/?highlight=straight+talk

thanks for the link! appreciate it!

Dude...Straight Talk is the "best" option for an unlocked iPhone in the US.

Nothing beats it. $45 a month for unlimited everything.

Just look up the guides on how to get 3G data and MMS to work and your good.

There are other choices...but nothing comes close to Straight Talk...the data is fast, the plan is cheap, just everything about it is awesome.

I am with Verizon, but if I ever got my hands on an unlocked iPhone 4S then I would be on Straight Talk for sure.

thats what i thought and u just clarify it! haha.. for some reason this time my order went through, now i need to deal with the double charge order :(

thank you!
Straight Talk is the best, but there's also Red Pocket and H2O Wireless. All three listed above run on AT&T's network.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk 2

i notice some other provider, but the red pocket doesnt seem to offer micro sim card, while they are promoting iPhone on their website lol

xamyneedscowbells said:
notice some other provider, but the red pocket doesnt seem to offer micro sim card, while they are promoting iPhone on their website lol

Well, that's what SIM card cutters are for.lol. $5.

Well, that's what SIM card cutters are for.lol. $5.

i tried cutting my standard tmobile sim card and compared it with my friend's att micro sim card and the gold is much smaller on the micro. will this work even if the gold is bigger?

xamyneedscowbells said:
i tried cutting my standard tmobile sim card and compared it with my friend's att micro sim card and the gold is much smaller on the micro. will this work even if the gold is bigger?

Yup. ........

I have a European unlocked 4S and use Straight Talk when in the U.S. $45 per month unlimited everything, fast 3G data service. They sell micro sims for $14.99 and use AT&T's network. They also have an international plan but I don't use that.

Sent from my iPhone 4S or iPad 3rd gen, whichever I happened to have in my hands at the time, using iPF.net

Mr.Mischief said:
Straight Talk is the best, but there's also Red Pocket and H2O Wireless. All three listed above run on AT&T's network.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk 2

+1. I agree but I hate h2o. Personal reason. Their customer service sucks badly

Sent from my SGH-T999 using iPhone Forums

I have a factory unlocked Iphone 4s I bought in Kuwait and it works well on with m AT&T service, I had an AT&T iphone 4 and I use that sim in my iphone 4s when I go to the states. I'm not sure why AT&T said they dont offer service for factory unlocked phones, Maybe becasue I already had service. I know you wont be able to use verizon wireless due to them not using sim cards.