What's new

Best iPhone Trading Company

Draminj

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I've been looking to trade my old iPhone now that I've got the 5 through one of those website (Gazelle, eleGreen, HelloTotem etc.) and wondered if anyone had any experience. EleGreen seems to offer the best pricing but I've never heard of them before. I'm not interested in doing Craigslist, Amazon, or Ebay. So I'm curious, have you ever used one of these sites? If so how was your experience?

Thanks in Advance.

I know Verizon was offering $230 trade in. But swappa is mainly android but I've seen iPhones before.

iPhoneMommy
~Tech Obsessed Mom~
iPhone 5 - Black - 16GB

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner

Tapatalk Yo! :)

That would depend on your iPhone. If your iPhone is a GSM, you can use many methods of selling them. For CDMA iPhones however, the most common choices would be Apple, Verizon/Sprint or using P2P buy/sell services like Craigslist, Amazon, eBay. Online sites like Gazelle will only accept GSM phones as they will most likely refurbish them as unlocked iPhones.

My brother lived in chino ca, where is 5 minutes drive to elegreen office. He was skeptical when seeing the elegreen ads but since past bad experience with gazelle, he want to have a try. They are very nice and helpful, I went there with him, got cash after a 5 minutes inspection. I asked my mom to mail my old iphone 4 from my home (I live in hawaii) to them. Now I am back to hawaii after holiday visiting my bro. I have already got the check. It is very amazing that they send you an email saying "you payment is sent" the same day when the package deliver to them. Trust me their service blows away anybody else. I just placed another trade in order to get rid of my old ipad :)

I know Verizon was offering $230 trade in. But swappa is mainly android but I've seen iPhones before.

iPhoneMommy
~Tech Obsessed Mom~
iPhone 5 - Black - 16GB

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner

Seems to be like a fair trade, can i get my old iPhone 3 replaced in such a deal.... ???

All you have to do is log on and enter your phones info to see what they offer. Only thing is for Verizon the $230 is a Verizon gift card. But if you purchase through Verizon it wouldn't matter.

iPhoneMommy
~Tech Obsessed Mom~
iPhone 5 - Black - 16GB

It wouldn't be that much for the 3G. The 3G after is using old tech. The minimum would probably be the 3GS in today's standard. Just checked a 16GB 3G in VZW's trade-in, and was appraised $25 for it. Now if it was an iPhone 4 or 4S, you would see the figure that iPhoneMommy is saying

It wouldn't be that much for the 3G. The 3G after is using old tech. The minimum would probably be the 3GS in today's standard. Just checked a 16GB 3G in VZW's trade-in, and was appraised $25 for it. Now if it was an iPhone 4 or 4S, you would see the figure that iPhoneMommy is saying

Yes. Sorry I should have been more specific. I traded in my 4s for that amount.

iPhoneMommy
~Tech Obsessed Mom~
iPhone 5 - Black - 16GB