What's new

Best iPhone 6 Tempered Glass Screen Protector

Did anyone try the Tech Armor Apple screen protector? The price is good and it is ranked high on Amazon.
iPhone 6 Screen Protector, Tech Armor Apple iPhone 6 (4.7 inch ONLY) High Defintion (HD) Clear Screen Protectors
81fdbyz6eUL._SL1500_.jpg

I used the Tech Armor on my wife's iPhone 6. It's the first glass screen protector I have ever used so I don't have anything else to compare with other than the wet films I have been applying to the previous four iPhones I have owned. It has me wanting a glass screen protector for my 6 plus. It's smooth as glass... Wait! It is glass! Anyways, I hadn't any problems with it.

I used the Tech Armor on my wife's iPhone 6. It's the first glass screen protector I have ever used so I don't have anything else to compare with other than the wet films I have been applying to the previous four iPhones I have owned. It has me wanting a glass screen protector for my 6 plus. It's smooth as glass... Wait! It is glass! Anyways, I hadn't any problems with it.

This was also my first glass screen protector and I was so surprised how easy the installation was. No bubbles really happy. Never going back to the film screen protectors

Originally I was not going to get a tempered glass protector but decided to opt for one after I saw how one protected an iPhone 6. there is no loss of sensitivity/touch with the protector. Problem is that the Incipio case I had purchased results in a thin gap between it and the tempered glass protector on face of the phone. May have to do with the curved/wrap around face on iPhone 6. Has anyone found a case that is a snug fit with a tempered glass protector in place?
Thunderheart

I have one of these, and I can honestly say that it protects your phone but it cracks very easily. Slight drops make the tempered glass crack but it take more force to actually crack the screen

thanks for sharing ... yes bubble is always the enemy when it comes to installation of the screen protector

The reason for the bubbles are minute specks of dust that get under the screen protector during installation.
I always have little strips of sticky tape ready and if you are careful you can dab off the specks and lay the protector back down on the screen.

I just received my tempered glass screen (iPhone 6 4.7") from amazon:

Amazon.com LUVVITT iPhone 6 TEMPERED GLASS Screen Protector for iPhone 6 Air 4.7 inch Does NOT fit iPhone 5 5S 5C 4 4s or iPhone 6 Plus 5.5 inch screen iPhone 6 Screen Protector - Crystal Clear Cell Phones Accessories
iphone-6-screen-protector-1.png

My impressions:
*It was ridiculously easy to put on. There are no bubbles at all. It came with an alcohol swab and a microfiber so it dealt with any possible dust that could have gotten in there.
*I lined it up really well, but I could see someone having a hard time with that, but that would be the same with any screen protector, really.
*I LOVE the feel of it. Its less 'rubbery' than the traditional screen protector, so my finger slides on it just as well as it would if the iPhone was naked. It also has a certain sturdiness that makes me feel like it would hold up if I put it through some serious stress.
*Drawback: Because of the curved iPhone screen, the glass cannot cover the edges of the phone, so there is a 2mm (I measured it) border around my screen protector that is unprotected. The protector is almost exactly as wide as the display, and tall enough to hit the bottom of the home button and the top of the microphone. I have a really great case on the phone so I'm not too worried about scratching that very small area. I thought the edges of the tempered glass might have felt weird, but I so rarely touch the edges of the display that its not an issue.

I'm very glad I have this tempered glass screen protector.

Is there a brand that covers edge to edge?

I decided not to cover my i6 Im happy just the way how it looks

Last edited:
Just saw a video for a curved glass screen protector for the iPhone 6 from iLoome. Here's where you can get it:

iloome iPhone 6 4.7 Screen Protector Onyx Black - Premium Tempered Glass iPhone

Sent from my Blue iPhone 5c using Tapatalk!
Wow thats nice! Its about time someone figured that out. I might be having to bring my iphone into the apple store (for the 3rd time) and if they need to replace the phone, I might get this, but for now, I'll have to stick with the protector i have

I saw the curved glass screen protector by iLoome, it doesn't surround the home button.

Anyone have experience with the one made by Armuor? It looks like it's better than iLoome because it surrounds the home button.