What's new

Best iPhone 6 Tempered Glass Screen Protector

Can these be washed/reapplied? Got a Genius Bar appointment at the weekend as my WiFi and cell signal keep dropping off which looks like a hardware issue so if they replace the handset I'll loose my screen protector [emoji35] What are the chances of being able to take it off the phone before I go and be able to re apply it to a new phone?

Sent from my iPhone

Did anyone try the Tech Armor Apple screen protector? The price is good and it is ranked high on Amazon.
iPhone 6 Screen Protector, Tech Armor Apple iPhone 6 (4.7 inch ONLY) High Defintion (HD) Clear Screen Protectors
81fdbyz6eUL._SL1500_.jpg

I just received my tempered glass screen (iPhone 6 4.7") from amazon:

Amazon.com LUVVITT iPhone 6 TEMPERED GLASS Screen Protector for iPhone 6 Air 4.7 inch Does NOT fit iPhone 5 5S 5C 4 4s or iPhone 6 Plus 5.5 inch screen iPhone 6 Screen Protector - Crystal Clear Cell Phones Accessories
iphone-6-screen-protector-1.png

My impressions:
*It was ridiculously easy to put on. There are no bubbles at all. It came with an alcohol swab and a microfiber so it dealt with any possible dust that could have gotten in there.
*I lined it up really well, but I could see someone having a hard time with that, but that would be the same with any screen protector, really.
*I LOVE the feel of it. Its less 'rubbery' than the traditional screen protector, so my finger slides on it just as well as it would if the iPhone was naked. It also has a certain sturdiness that makes me feel like it would hold up if I put it through some serious stress.
*Drawback: Because of the curved iPhone screen, the glass cannot cover the edges of the phone, so there is a 2mm (I measured it) border around my screen protector that is unprotected. The protector is almost exactly as wide as the display, and tall enough to hit the bottom of the home button and the top of the microphone. I have a really great case on the phone so I'm not too worried about scratching that very small area. I thought the edges of the tempered glass might have felt weird, but I so rarely touch the edges of the display that its not an issue.

I'm very glad I have this tempered glass screen protector.

Last edited:
Thanks for the review, I'll have to order one.

That is great Drums! Thanks for the review. I have never really put screen protectors on because they felt cheap and muddied the display. Apple went through the trouble to pack all of those pixels in there, and I would hate to ruin that with a cheap screen protector.

Do you loose any clarity due to the extra glass and the adhesive?

Did anyone try the Tech Armor Apple screen protector? The price is good and it is ranked high on Amazon.
iPhone 6 Screen Protector, Tech Armor Apple iPhone 6 (4.7 inch ONLY) High Defintion (HD) Clear Screen Protectors
81fdbyz6eUL._SL1500_.jpg
I haven't tried the Tech Armor on my iPhone 6 but i have tried them on my other phones and i can tell you they are excellent, They go on very easily and any bubbles are easy to get out, You get dust strips too, They come well packaged with instructions and there is a video you can watch, When on the screen you hardly know they are there, No rainbow effect either.
Make sure you getting the ones made AFTER iPhone 6 was released though and remember you will have a gap around due to the curve on the screen. (That really bugs me)

Last edited:
That is great Drums! Thanks for the review. I have never really put screen protectors on because they felt cheap and muddied the display. Apple went through the trouble to pack all of those pixels in there, and I would hate to ruin that with a cheap screen protector.

Do you loose any clarity due to the extra glass and the adhesive?

I compared my phone with another without any screen protector, and it does NOT reduce the quality of the HD display.

I just installed mine. Works great with the otter box defenders series

I just received my tempered glass screen (iPhone 6 4.7") from amazon:

Amazon.com LUVVITT iPhone 6 TEMPERED GLASS Screen Protector for iPhone 6 Air 4.7 inch Does NOT fit iPhone 5 5S 5C 4 4s or iPhone 6 Plus 5.5 inch screen iPhone 6 Screen Protector - Crystal Clear Cell Phones Accessories
iphone-6-screen-protector-1.png

My impressions:
*It was ridiculously easy to put on. There are no bubbles at all. It came with an alcohol swab and a microfiber so it dealt with any possible dust that could have gotten in there.
*I lined it up really well, but I could see someone having a hard time with that, but that would be the same with any screen protector, really.
*I LOVE the feel of it. Its less 'rubbery' than the traditional screen protector, so my finger slides on it just as well as it would if the iPhone was naked. It also has a certain sturdiness that makes me feel like it would hold up if I put it through some serious stress.
*Drawback: Because of the curved iPhone screen, the glass cannot cover the edges of the phone, so there is a 2mm (I measured it) border around my screen protector that is unprotected. The protector is almost exactly as wide as the display, and tall enough to hit the bottom of the home button and the top of the microphone. I have a really great case on the phone so I'm not too worried about scratching that very small area. I thought the edges of the tempered glass might have felt weird, but I so rarely touch the edges of the display that its not an issue.

I'm very glad I have this tempered glass screen protector.

yes LUVVITT I think is much better compared to Zagg... read a lot of positive reviews with this one