What's new

Be Warned!! PayMeSucker

iCrank

Reaction score
First off let me advise you that iPhone forums doesn't take any responsibility taken by your carrier if you're caught tethering.

If you are jailbroken you can still pay the ($4.99) price tag for tetherme or you can pay (99¢ from the App Store) for paymesucker. Get it before its pulled from
The apple store.

Here's instructions...

PayUpSucker is an app that keeps track of who you owe money to and who owes money to you. Well, not only that! it actually includes a hidden function which allows you to enable tethering your iPhone for free.

You’ll need to do some steps to enable the tethering after installing the app. FSM comes with the details:

STEP 1: Create an AirPort Network on you computer, “tether” for example.

STEP 2: Connect your iPhone and iPad to the network you have just created via Settings > Wi-Fi.

STEP 3: Tap on the blue arrow to the right of the selected Wi-Fi network, click Static in the IP Address menu and enter the following IP address: 10.0.0.13.

STEP 4: Now enter 255.255.255.0 in the Subnet Mask.

STEP 5: Start PayUpSucker! and choose the IOU screen Type “Its my data” not quotes, no apostrophe.

STEP 6: Enter a static IP address and a mask on the iPad, ie 10.0.0.8 and 255.255.255.0.

STEP 7: Select HTTP Proxy Auto and enter http://10.0.1.13:8080/Socks.pac as the URL. If you entered a different IP number for the iPhone you should use that in the url. Maybe you need to do this a couple of times for it to stick.

STEP 8: Have Fun. “Here’s to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes…”[/quote]

Thanks for posting this. I have 2 questions.

1) how do you set this up on windows? I got to step six but I couldn't find where to change my proxy settings.

2) After setting up this, will this work like MyWi where all I'll have to do is go into the app, push a couple buttons, and boom I'm a hotspot?

Thanks any help is appreciated.

I haven't been around iOS long enough to know this answer. But under Android, Google can remote delete applications from the users phone. I would actually be shocked if Apple doesn't have this capability as well.

So has Apple ever done a remote application delete?

jefreesays said:
Thanks for posting this. I have 2 questions.

1) how do you set this up on windows? I got to step six but I couldn't find where to change my proxy settings.

2) After setting up this, will this work like MyWi where all I'll have to do is go into the app, push a couple buttons, and boom I'm a hotspot?

Thanks any help is appreciated.

I emailed the dev with no response. When he gets bck to me I'll update the thread

spencerjames said:
So its totally free? I av 500mb a munth to uses

It's tethering which uses your data. Wouldn't be good for you. The app itself is 99¢