What's new

Battery question

daveo228i

Reaction score
Have a 6S Plus less than one year. How much time can I realistically expect from the battery? It just seems to me that it drains fast, maybe six-seven hours. What’s normal?

What's your battery health at? When my 7+ hit 85% battery health, it needed another charge at lunch, it wouldn't last all day. When it hit 80%, I was charging it multiple times a day. I bought a new phone at that point. My sons 7 is at 73% and pretty much lives on a charger now.

I don't know if your phone is normal or not, but if it's at 85% or less, I'd say it's not normal. You can have the battery replaced for $49 I believe.

Over the many years of using cell/smartphones I've realized one major thing....EVERYONE uses their devices differently. Batteries wear and drain different as well depending on each individual and devices. Charging habits also play a key role in battery drainage. Apps drain batteries differently as well. I could probably write a book on cell/smartphone batteries...LOL. Good Luck with your Battery Dave and for a peace of mind I would go to the Apple store and have them diagnose your iPhone. It might be more than just the battery.
With that said, I never thought about wallpapers playing a role in battery drainage. I thought this was a good video and not just for X users. My friend likes light colorful wallpapers where I mostly stick with black wallpapers and I get excellent battery life where she just gets good battery life.

Apple offers battery replacements at a decent cost even if you don't have Apple Care+ or under any type of warranty.

I got my girl's iPhone 6 a new battery for $59 in Canada from the Apple store.