What's new

Battery life drains

asapryrysenn

Reaction score
I just got the 5 last Thursday and I'm not happy with the battery. I woke up at 7 this mornjng and ive barely used it the past few hours and its already at 66% battery. I feel like the battery is like the iPhone 4 or worse. I don't know If I'm doin something wrong but could anyone give me some good tips? Is your iphone 5 like this too? Should I have let the phone die when I first got the phone and then hook up it up to the charger or what? I still haven't let the phone die on me yet since I've gotten it. Well thanks for helping

Attachments

• $image-1656068952.jpg
    $image-1656068952.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 482
1. Which apps did you have running at night with the phone on standby?

2. What iOS are you on?

Q3. Are you posting to this forum using the Ipf app or using safari?

Q4. Go to settings>general>date&time. Check if Set Automatically is turned on or off?

Q3. Are you posting to this forum using the Ipf app or using safari?

Q4. Go to settings>general>date&time. Check if Set Automatically is turned on or off?

I used the app.

And does it matter if set automatically is turned on or off?

asapryrysenn said:
I used the app.

And does it matter if set automatically is turned on or off?

Yes it seems it does matter. Do this:

1. Don't use the app. Use safari instead to read this forum. The app should be killed off from the multi task bar.

2. Switch off 'set automatically'

3. Post back with your results.

I've been an iPad user since the iPad 1 and up until very recently a new iPhone owner (5). The battery is so bad on iphone it was depressing. First I thought "is this just me expecting the iPhone batt to be the same as the iPad"? After reading this forum and seeing all the batt complaints and tips I can see there is a real big problem here. There are heaps of forums and I guess what the person above is trying to point out that perhaps apps take up more batt power than safari. I don't know. But to spend $1,345 on an iPhone that I cannot use as often as the iPad?Regret.

For me, when I had my 4s it drained fast too. But this is what I found after some tiral and error, is that if I turrned off wifi and only used 3g my battery life when back to advertised. I know this isn't always possible but I turn it on when I need it and off when I don't. I am seeing the same trend on my iPhone 5 with iOS 6.1.2