What's new

Battery charging

tim56

Reaction score
Hi
Does anyone know how to tell when you're iPhone 5s battery is fully charged? Thank you

Settings>General>Usage>Battery percentage
I don't think OP was talking about the battery %. He wanted to know when the battery is fully charged, like used to be denoted by the plug sign shortly after battery % reached 100. That does not change now and the lightening sign remains like that.

I don't think OP was talking about the battery %. He wanted to know when the battery is fully charged, like used to be denoted by the plug sign shortly after battery % reached 100. That does not change now and the lightening sign remains like that.

I understood the OP. But, he is a new user and to not complicate things----100% is a pretty good indicator. We can get into the depths of calibrating the battery and should you leave it on the charger overnight, or an hour after it reaches 100%...but in the end 100% is pretty much charged.

Last edited:
I understood the OP. But, he is a new user and to not complicate things----100% is a pretty good indicator. We can get into the depths of calibrating the battery and should you leave it on the charger overnight, or an hour after it reaches 100%...but in the end 100% is pretty much charged.
I know. So the final answer to OP's question is no. This has been introduced with iOS 7 that when the charge is completely full cannot be determined. that's your question answered.

To answer that it says 100% charged and when it's charging it will say 90% charging

Is it better to unplug the 5S after it reaches 100%? Will it begin to discharge if it remains plugged in? I usually charge over night and some mornings it stays at 100% for a while, some mornings it appears to discharge quicker. I am new to iPhone and I am unsure about charging and calibrating. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Is it better to unplug the 5S after it reaches 100%? Will it begin to discharge if it remains plugged in? I usually charge over night and some mornings it stays at 100% for a while, some mornings it appears to discharge quicker. I am new to iPhone and I am unsure about charging and calibrating. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Battery does not discharge if you keep it connected to a power supply. :)