What's new

Backup and Photosteam?

TillysWilly

Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone was having the Sam problem as me and knew how to fix it. My jailbroken 4s won't backup or send photos to my photosteam at all. Whenever I try and do a backup it just spins then says backup failed.

I am sort of in a learning curve myself with the Photo Stream as I feel many are. I take a photo on my iPhone and as soon as it connects to wifi, it uploads all new photos (no videos) to the Photostream in the iCloud in full resolution as they were taken, right? Since I have Photostream enabled in my Aperture which is running on my iMac constantly connected to internet, the photos get immediately also synced to my iMac
Now they reside in the Photostream album in my Aperture.

Yea mine stopped doing that after I jail broke for some reason

What type of data do u mean? I did a backup right b4 I did the jailbreak then jailbroke it

What type of data do u mean? I did a backup right b4 I did the jailbreak then jailbroke it

By data...I mean "anything".

Apps...music, books, etc.

You should restore fresh, setup as new device, and NOT restore from backup before jailbreaking.

Your device has to be completely empty to perform the jailbreak properly.

So your saying clear that phone jailbreak then redownload everything and all my phone numbers will b gone? If so I have yet to see a vid or tutorial that does that

TillysWilly said:
So your saying clear that phone jailbreak then redownload everything and all my phone numbers will b gone? If so I have yet to see a vid or tutorial that does that

I have no idea what you just said.

1) You dont have to redownload anything as long as you transfer purchases to iTunes before restoring.

2) Contacts will not be gone...even after restoring and setting up as new....as long as you have Contacts toggled on in Settings> iCloud. Actually *anything* toggled on in Settings> iCloud will *always* be on the device as long as you choose "Use iCloud" during initial setup of the phone after a restore.

3) I have yet to see a video tut that does not show exactly what I told you when jailbreaking with Absinthe. I do not recommend Absinthe or the backup/restore jailbreak method at all....unless you have an iPhone 4S(A5 device) in which case you have to use Absinthe's or redsn0w's backup/restore jailbreak method. If that is the case...then you MUST restore the device freshly and NOT from backup before jailbreaking. The reason I still don't have a 4S.

You can always restore from a backup after jailbreaking...but you should never restore from a backup that has jailbroken data in it....like if the backup was extracted from the device *while* it was jailbroken.

ryanlawrence171 said:
Restore your iPhone from iTunes or use “iCould” for backup…

I just told him he should NOT restore from
a backup, unless the backup was takin from the device while it was not jailbroken. Please don't confuse him after I wrote all that sh**. ;)