What's new

Backing up all data

betfair39

Reaction score
i got new iphone 4s 5.0.1 and jailbreak'd with abshinte yesterday..installed many apps transfered lots of music adress books etc. today i see it has dead pixel and going to return it tomorrow.would like to backup all data including cydia and other apps that i purchased.
how can i do it easily? i back up my data on itunes but dont think its enough and honestly i dont know if itunes backup videos photos music?

iTunes backs up everything. In fact, it backs up the last web page you had open in Safari and will restores it. That is how complete it is.

I just did this for my wife when switching her from the iPad 2 to the iPad (3rd Gen). She was floored that the last recipe she was looking at was still in the browser.

thanks skull one guess i should install only cydia and jailbreak it again when i get the new one :)

edit: just checked backup folder on my computer its 150mb, at the moment i have more 3gb music on the pohone

Last edited:
Did you load the music thru iTunes? If so, then iTunes doesn't need to back it up since it already knows where it is stored on disk. The same goes for applications. iTunes stores a copy of the apps in a folder for restoration as well. Pictures are backed up to another sub folder. This leaves just the data needed to populate the phones "brains".

Now keep in mind, all PASSWORDS are cleared. You will have to retype those once yourself to get email and a few other things back to normal.