What's new

Back ups

Fordy2707

Reaction score
Hi all and thanks in advance for any help.

My question is this, I have 2 iPhones . I want to reset my old iPhone 4s and clear it then upload my latest backup which was 2 months ago on my newer iPhone 5c ,by loading the backup to one phone does this affect the 2nd phone as well or will the 2 phones be completely separate as im not wanting to load the last back up to my new iPhone as I have new pictures etc that I can't afford to lose.

Hope this makes sense .many thanks

Welcome to iPhoneForums!

By restoring the older iPhone with the backup from the newer one, data saved to the 4s will be gone, so if there's anything you'd like to save, do this before restoring.

When you restore the iPhone 4s from the backup of the iPhone 5c, the information on the 5c won't be changed or removed. It's the data and information from the 5c that get transferred to the 4s, and this won't have an influence on the photos stored on the 5c.

If there are photos on the 5c that you don't want to lose, save them somewhere else, though, just to be on the safe side. What if the iPhone suddenly is stuck in recovery mode? Your photos will be lost in that case, with no chance to get them back.