Back to iOS 4.1 from 4.2

Rinku

Reaction score
I've upgraded to iOS 4.2.1 and I'm facing a lot
Of problems with it.

Can you help me to get my iPhone back to
iOS 4.1

Please help

No I haven`t backed it up, any other way u can help me out???

Did u have your shsh blobs backed up?

First off, what is a "shsh blob?"

The OP has a great question, which I've wondered about myself. If you're writing that the iTunes Backup function will revert the OS to the previous version (if the backup WAS done using the old OS), then I think you're wrong. The iTunes backup cannot possibly save the OS, since the backup folder is only less than 50MB.

If you're not talking about an iTunes backup, then what are you writing about? shsh blob.......???

iTunes asks your phone to send a few small packets of data (SHSH blobs) to apple's servers. Then, if everythings ok, they get 'signed' and sent back to iTunes. iTunes will only up/downgrade or restore a iPhone if it has these signed blobs. As far as I'm aware apple's servers will not sign blobs for phones that are restoring to a older firmware. That's why you need your blobs to downgrade so you can trick iTunes into thinking that they are signed...

iTunes asks your phone to send a few small packets of data (SHSH blobs) to apple's servers. Then, if everythings ok, they get 'signed' and sent back to iTunes. iTunes will only up/downgrade or restore a iPhone if it has these signed blobs. As far as I'm aware apple's servers will not sign blobs for phones that are restoring to a older firmware. That's why you need your blobs to downgrade so you can trick iTunes into thinking that they are signed...

Pretty much what he said. However, tiny umbrella is about to come out with a new version that will let you restore your phone and everything without the need for itunes.

I've upgraded to iOS 4.2.1 and I'm facing a lot
Of problems with it.

Can you help me to get my iPhone back to
iOS 4.1

Please help

what kind of problems ? well, you can downgrade your iOS to 4.1 but the baseband will stay the same 03.10.01 and you cant do nothing about it :p
if you want to try downgrading it, try googling some tutorials, i've tried once but the only problem is the baseband, LOL. good luck.

iTunes will only up/downgrade or restore a iPhone if it has these signed blobs. ..

Silly question: If I ever have to "Restore" my iPhones within iTunes, how do I know, or save, or verify, that I have these "signed blobs" so I can accomplish my Restore? Or maybe the "Reset" function in the iPhone's Settings screen will accomplish the same thing...???

(This would be funny, if it weren't so sad!!) (Thanks Apple)