What's new

AWESOME Nike+ Fuel Band Activity Monitor Unboxing

PhilSynowiec

iPhoneForums.net News Team
Reaction score

The Nike+ Fuel Band is an Activity Monitor bracelet which uses Nike+ with some extra features and a cool look. If you're a fitness junkie and like to track things like steps, calories, and time this is probably one of the most snazzy ways to do it. The device almost looks like a Livestrong band but is hard and has a button. By pressing the button you can scroll through the features on the band using the built in LEDs. My first thought when I started scrolling on this thing was "omg the future is here". The LED's are built in under the rubber material and shine through it to give it nice flush look when it's on and making it look like a regular rubber bracelet when it's not. One of the cool things about this is that it is water resistant. Bringing it into the showers with you or pool shouldn't cause any problems, unless of course you like diving in all the way to the bottom. It has a built in accelerometer to track your steps which convert into calories. You can also download the iOS app where you can set goals and much more. Achieving your goals gives you trophies and nice little animation. Personally, I love using this thing as just a watch and showing it off to people. The Fuel Band has a rechargeable battery which can last for 4-5 days without needing to be charged by the USB charger. Currently, they are sold out almost anywhere, but you can pre-order them at many places for $149.99. Though a bit pricy, I just have to say again, this thing looks like the future to me.

Nike+ FuelBand

Last edited by a moderator:
That is pretty slick. If my wife didn't already have the new iPod Nano, which has the same features built in, I would buy her one of these instantly.

The one that I have been waiting for that I like better than this one because it monitors your sleep patterns and acts as a natural alarm waking you up at the ultimate time is UP by Jawbone and it will cost less...

jawbone.com/up

The one that I have been waiting for that I like better than this one because it monitors your sleep patterns and acts as a natural alarm waking you up at the ultimate time is UP by Jawbone and it will cost less...

jawbone.com/up

If they can fix it. The first round of devices were basically recalled and a lot of people were given refunds and told to keep the unit instead of sending it back.