What's new

Auto Reboot

mrbeal

Reaction score
Is there an App (or a way) to auto reboot my phone on a schedule? I rarely remember to turn the phone off and usually only do it when it starts acting up so I'd like to just have it done weekly automatically. Thanks.

Is there an App (or a way) to auto reboot my phone on a schedule? I rarely remember to turn the phone off and usually only do it when it starts acting up so I'd like to just have it done weekly automatically. Thanks.
Use your Reminders app. You can set a Hard Reset for maybe once a month, and a Soft Reset for maybe once a week. Then it will alert you when it's time. I wouldn't want it to reboot automatically. I might be doing something important at the time.

Last edited:
My phone isn't jailbroken (and isn't going to be) and I want the reset done automatically in the middle of the night - that's why I want it to be automatic. Setting a reminder telling me to do it isn't always going to be at a convenient time. Isn't there some way to do it? Is this really the ONLY way my crappy old Blackberry was better than an iPhone???

"There's an app for everything" just isn't so without jailbreak. You could set an alarm with the clock app to alarm you to reboot at bedtime, regardless of the time. I don't know of any other way.