What's new

Auto delete function in e-mail

Crash7

Reaction score
I did a search but not finding anything specific to my request. My iPhone is connected to my office e-mail (Outlook 2007). I need to get messages, but there are some I neither need nor want. I teach classes around the state and we advertise our classes. Every time a recipient receives an e-mail notice of our class I receive some form of response, such as a confirmation or Out-Of_Office Reply. There are literally hundreds of these for each class. Obviously I don't want to manually delete hundreds of e-mails off my phone every day.

My office e-mail (Outlook 2007) automatically redirects them into a separate folder, where I address them later. Unfortunately, near as I can tell the iPhone doesn't have that capability.

Question 1: Is there a way to customize the e-mail on the iPhone to auto redirect messages to a specific folder?

Question 2: If I have Outlook 2007 automatically redirecting them into a separate folder will that stop them from coming into the iPhone? (I suspect not but am asking anyway).

Thanks!

I've got my msn account linked to my email. The only folder I can get is my inbox. Any emails that are automatically directed to my junk or other folders dont show up. Is this what your meaning?

So if your outlook redirects it to another folder in my experience it wouldnt show up.

Under your mail settings you can select what folders are pushed to your phone. So outlook would do the sorting then push the folders to your phone.

I've got my msn account linked to my email. The only folder I can get is my inbox. Any emails that are automatically directed to my junk or other folders dont show up. Is this what your meaning?

So if your outlook redirects it to another folder in my experience it wouldnt show up.

I did set up a rule in Outlook and now just waiting to see what happens.

If anyone knows of any additional tips, tricks, apps, etc. I'm all ears.

Thanks!

Under your mail settings you can select what folders are pushed to your phone. So outlook would do the sorting then push the folders to your phone.

When you say "Under your mail settings" are you referring to the Outlook 2007 setup or the iPhone? I didn't see anything like that on the iPhone but I'm new to it (just bought about a month ago).

Thanks!

When you say "Under your mail settings" are you referring to the Outlook 2007 setup or the iPhone? I didn't see anything like that on the iPhone but I'm new to it (just bought about a month ago).

Thanks!

It's just a setting on push accounts. Just checked so if it's fetching I don't think it works that way.