What's new

ATT Question

davva360

Reaction score
So I have 3 lines on my plan, all upgrade eligible but only buying one iphone 5. I have a 4S, which somehow is not under contract even though I paid the upgrade price last year, so I was going to pass that off to my girlfriend when I get my new phone and sell her 3GS to gazelle or someone like that.

Anyhow, I was wondering. The 4S is now $99 for a 16GB version. Does anyone know, since I don't need the new 4S, if I could buy it from ATT for $99 and sell it straight to Gazelle? If I could I reckon I would make back over $100 based on the selling price today for a 16GB iphone 4S.

Yes but one of your three upgrades is used and you'll be billed for it for two years or whatever...

I would not sell to gazelle....especially a brand new one. They won't give you half of what it's worth. Best bet is to sell on eBay or Craigslist. But If your looking to make money. I'd suggest buying another iPhone 5 to sell. Do the math. $100 for 4S sell brand new for around $450(I've looked on craigslist to see average asking price for a 4s and they were around $350-400 used in my area, so 450 brand new doesn't seem too far off) iPhone 5 $200 and you could sell it brand new for around $650 maybe more of the demand is still high. But that would net you $450 or more profit for iPhone 5 vs $350 for 4s.

Just my 2¢