What's new

AT&T Selling Refurbished iPhone 5 From $99

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
8258-iphone-5-first-official-photo.JPG

Cult of Mac reports that AT&T has already started discounting refurbished iPhone 5 handsets, selling them online only for just $99 for the 16GB version, $199 for the 32GB version, and $299 for the 64GB model. In order to get the offer you have to take out a minimum 24-month contract. The offer was initially seen by a user on Reddit. As Cult of Mac notes, it’s not clear whether or not this deal is purely for Black Friday, or if it is in fact longer term than that. They assume that it is permanent, as there is no mention of Black Friday on AT&T’s site, but you never know, it could be only for one day only, so better get a move on if you think this sounds like an offer that you would like to take advantage of. Not everyone likes to buy a refurb of such a new phone, but if you don’t have such qualms, this could be a good deal!

Source: AT&T Now Offering Refurbished iPhone 5 From Just $99 [Deals] | Cult of Mac

Wow, if Verizon does this I'll get rid of my insurance. Deductible for insurance is 149.00 anyway and that's a refurb. Might as well just buy the refurb.

$99 is cheap. Beautiful one.

Last edited by a moderator:
abcd...please refrain from posting external links,thank you.

ATT's website showed iPhone 4 and 3gs for $.01 with NEW 24-month obligation (both out of stock), had nothing with 4s or 5--either they sold out or it was a mis-read.

copdocpvd said:
ATT's website showed iPhone 4 and 3gs for $.01 with NEW 24-month obligation (both out of stock), had nothing with 4s or 5--either they sold out or it was a mis-read.

Same here... don't see any trace of a refurbished iP5 for $99. :-(

Thomasjtsi said:
Same here... don't see any trace of a refurbished iP5 for $99. :-(

They were up it was a black friday only deal

hookbill said:
Wow, if Verizon does this I'll get rid of my insurance. Deductible for insurance is 149.00 anyway and that's a refurb. Might as well just buy the refurb.

I never purchase the insurance for,phones especially VZWs. It's a ripoff.

Sent from my WiFi Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display using iPF.net

That's why I got apple care. I calculated over two year the cost of VZW insurance vs apple care and it was MORE than apple care. Is that $99 only good for a new upgrade/renewal right? I'm sure if you needed a replacement because yours pooped out it would cost full price?

Edit: I meant could you renew at that 24 month anytime or just at the end of the 24mo?

IphoneMommy said:
That's why I got apple care. I calculated over two year the cost of VZW insurance vs apple care and it was MORE than apple care. Is that $99 only good for a new upgrade/renewal right? I'm sure if you needed a replacement because yours pooped out it would cost full price?

Edit: I meant could you renew at that 24 month anytime or just at the end of the 24mo?

I like AppleCare better!!