What's new

At&t data plan cancellation question

cm1lls

Reaction score
Hey guys I was wondering if I were to buy an iphone 4 with the data plan and keep it (the data plan for a month) and then call and say my iphone was stolen.....will they let me cancel the data plan free of charge or is there a better way of doing this. Also, before everyone says its pointless to have an iphone without a data plan...i have my reasons. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP

Hey guys I was wondering if I were to buy an iphone 4 with the data plan and keep it (the data plan for a month) and then call and say my iphone was stolen.....will they let me cancel the data plan free of charge or is there a better way of doing this. Also, before everyone says its pointless to have an iphone without a data plan...i have my reasons. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP

first, we don't condone or offer suggestions for insurance fraud. second, they would be able to tell what phone you are using. so that won't work anyway.

Hi there! In Hong Kong, all phones available on the Apple Store online are unlocked and without subscriptions. Why don't you have someone pick one up from here and bring it back to you and insert a sim from any carrier?

Hi there! In Hong Kong, all phones available on the Apple Store online are unlocked and without subscriptions. Why don't you have someone pick one up from here and bring it back to you and insert a sim from any carrier?

this is true, you could use it on any GSM network that way.

Also if you report your phone stolen they will most likely make it unusable. I know Verizon blacklists stolen phones so the ESN no longer works. I would assume AT&T and Apple would do something similar.

As for buying an unlocked iPhone 4 there have been reports of them being sold unlocked in Canada also.