What's new

Assistive touch and IOS6 not working correctly.

eddieg

Reaction score
I updated to IOS6 and now with assistive touch turned on my phone wont go to sleep if i turn it off it goes to sleep like it should. It worked fine before the update is anyone else having this issue with there iphone 4? Or could someone try and turn on assistive touch on there iphone 4 and see if this happens to there's please?

Thanks Ed

I have been testing this and found that if assistive touch was the last thing i touch on the screen then the phone will not go to sleep but if assistive touch IS NOT the last thing i touch then the phone will go to sleep. So it seems that if i touch assistive touch last it keeps the phone awake. Apple made some good changes to assistive touch that i really like but if this is one of the changes i cant understand what the benefit would be.

I have this same problem. I was wondering why my phone was awake several times yesterday.... I didn't realize it was because of the update and assisting touch. Thanks for pointing that out!

I have this same problem. I was wondering why my phone was awake several times yesterday.... I didn't realize it was because of the update and assisting touch. Thanks for pointing that out!

Your welcome i hope apple knows about this so the can fix it.

This is really upsetting me! I keep forgetting that if I use my assistive touch home button, my phone stays awake. Last night I used it just before bed and apparently it was awake all night until the battery died! When I woke up my phone was dead and HOT. The battery had probably just died. Has anyone figured out a fix for this? Help!