What's new

Are Apple Geniuses All They Are Built Up To Be?

iZIGGA

Reaction score
Ive read some pretty crazy stories about Geniuses and how they are nothing like they are portrayed by Apple. Can anyone prove this?

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

For the most part, they are geeks that like working on Apple products. I use to be a PC "Genius". Now, I'm just an old man with some Apples :p

I would have to say yes they are fully qualified personal whom have had to pass every test on products they support. In addition some are required to complete full technical courses so they may resolve issues quicker. There are 2 levels one consumer and the second is business level. In addition to the above they also must maintain the level by completing on going coarses. Outside of the Apple Stores where Apple distribute products through other retailers like Best Buy, USA , The Good Guys, Australia etc staff can do the training and achieve Apple Product Professional level which is the highest available. By the end off the year this will be a mandatory requirment if one is to sell Apple products. Again additional technical courses are available as needed.

The service provided by Apple is number one world wide and one should appreciate the system in place and the staff whom provide the support. My advice just go to an Apple store spend a couple of hours and watch and learn what goes on. Maybe then you will understand the level of requirement that I mentioned above.

Well i went into a store a while back and one of the salesmen couldnt even tell me the correct storage for the specified Macbook so...

Bazinga!

Well i went into a store a while back and one of the salesmen couldnt even tell me the correct storage for the specified Macbook so...

Bazinga!

You can't really judge all Apple employees from one sales person not knowing the information you needed. ;)

It could've been their first day. Never know!

So they arent trained for that stuff? Swear im not nitpicking about this

Bazinga!

So they arent trained for that stuff? Swear im not nitpicking about this

Bazinga!

Yes, they're trained, but it's difficult for some to remember every little thing. Now, if the employee didn't refer you to someone who had more knowledge, then they're at fault.

I'm just saying, not all stores or employees are the same.

One more thing.. I never said you were nitpicking, just making valid points. :)

Thats true and I know you never said that just making my personal case :)

Bazinga!

I will answer that question ......where I am employed we carry 40 laptops plus several all on one computers. It is impossible to remember the exact details of every computer we have in stock. The same apply's to Apple stores whom carry the full range in store and I may add each product has a detailed description of the specifications for that item. I will go one further in stating that in all there are more than 500 products on displays so when you went to the store it is so simple as looking at the specs on the info card. Try walking in to Best Buy and asking the same question. And the results will be the same... . If you had asked I am new to Apple what is the difference between a Mac book and a MacBook Pro you will receive a straight answer... I suggest you go back to that store and ask the same question different person and if the answer is the same ask a manager why....